𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - "𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝."

_______________________________

Harvest Moon - Erwin de Ruiter

_______________________________

XI.
\\ MOON'S AFFECT //

A week later...

Aden learned early on in her life that Wolfbloods were essentially bound to the moon. The moon calls to the wolf inside, its energy coursing through their veins. When the moon as at it's strongest, so are Wolfbloods...and the same goes for the moon's weakest. Wolfbloods are so in keen with the moon, it's fazes, the pull of gravity...they feel it in their bones.

That's why Aden was awake.

The cool night air blew through the crack in her window, and the moon lit up everything outside. It was almost full, and Aden heard Maddy get up a few minutes ago and go outside.

Considering it was the night before the full moon, Aden wasn't surprised. Tiredly, she pulled herself from her bed and walked over to her window to see Maddy standing in the backyard, looking up at the sky. Smiling lightly, she threw on her jacket and boots, headed down the stairs, and went outside to check on her.

When Aden walked out the door, she saw Maddy still standing there, staring up at the moon that was only a sliver away from being completely full. Tomorrow night was going to be her first transformation. And by the way Maddy was looking up at the moon, Aden could tell she was worried.

"I couldn't sleep the night before my first transformation either," Aden linked her arm with hers.

Maddy sighed, not taking her eyes away from the sky, "I feel like I'm about to explode."

Aden nodded, knowing the feeling well. The night before a first transformation, the wolf-side is practically howling under the surface, knowing it was almost time to be released. It felt like a swelling wave, a pressure growing in your chest as your wolf side gets closer and closer to breaking the surface.

"There's nothing to be scared of," Aden assured her, "You'll be right here with your family, and you got me. You're not alone in this."

Maddy leaned her head on Aden's shoulder and Aden wrapped her arm around her, squeezing her arm assuringly. Aden could hear Maddy's heart beat starting to steady a little and she let out a slow breath.

"Trust me, when it happens, everything will...suddenly make sense." Aden assured her, "Being united with your wolf for the very first time...it's a feeling like no other."

Maddy smiled a little, nodding to herself, and for a while, they both stared up at the moon, knowing what was to come tomorrow night. But right then, in that moment, everything was calm and serene...and what was to come, they would deal with it then.