𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛: "𝙼𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

_______________________________

"Oh, please don't go.
I want you so,
I can't let go."

Please Don't Go - Barcelona

_______________________________

XLIV.
\\ HEART OF A LEADER //

The whole night, I laid awake tossing and turning, thinking about what I'd overheard Rhydian's mum say. My heart ached in my chest that Jana had to leave to go be with her pack...and even more so, knowing that Rhydian's mum would only follow her if Rhydian went with her. If he didn't, then she had no reason to support Jana. And knowing this, still needing to help Jana even though I'd lose Rhydian. I was part of a plan that would ensure him leaving.

It was all I could think about at school the next day, knowing that with each passing moment, we were getting closer to parent's night.

And before class, Rhydian decided to tell Maddy, Shan, Tom and I what his mum had said to him, having no idea that I already knew.

"You're going with them?" Maddy asked Rhydian wearily.

I could feel Rhydian glance over at me but I just stared down at my hands on my desk. I knew if I looked at him he would easily see my sadness and fear...and I didn't want to make him feel any worse about the decision he was faced with making.

And after a moment, Rhydian looked down, "I...I don't know yet."

My heart ached even more, just thinking about him leaving to go with his mum and Jana. Knowing that I couldn't go with him. My family was here...and I had just found Kai again.

"My mum called Jana a cub." Rhydian said, "Said the only reason she was doing this is so I can go back."

I looked up from my hands, having heard her say that last night myself.

Tom frowned, "So...what if you don't go back?"

"Then my mum will side with the pack against Jana," Rhydian answered wearily.

Maddy's eyebrows furrowed, "Did she tell you that?"

He sighed, "No, but that's what'll happen."

Shannon sighed, "It's emotional blackmail."

Rhydian groaned, raking his fingers through his hair, "What am I supposed to do? I can't just throw Jana to the wolves."