FIFTY NINE | Love

Walking out of my apartment,I walk down the street past the morning traffic

Walking out of my apartment,I walk down the street past the morning traffic.Getting ready for my shift at the coffee shop I work at.The pay wasn't great but it was enough for me to pay for my bills and food.

I'm always the first one in,I turn the closed sign to open and turn the lights on.I didn't have to change because I was already in my work uniform,making sure everything was spotless and prepared.

A couple of workers came in as I smiled at my best friend Jacob,"hey."i smile while he nods in return."did you get any sleep last night?"he asks.

The truth was that I've had reoccurring nightmares ever since I was a kid,I even saw someone about it but they couldn't even help me.I've had to live with it forever,even if it messes up my sleep schedule.

"Barely."i yawn."awake enough to work?"he smiles."I think so."

He pats my back as customers start to enter the shop and order.I make my own coffee when no ones ordering.They help me wake up in the morning,but I forgot to have some today.

Normally I recognise customers faces often but today I noticed a new face.The woman had long scarlet hair with bright green eyes.I didn't take my eyes off of her.She flashed a smile at me."hello."it took me a few seconds to get out of it,"hi what may I get you?"I ask.She tells me what she wants and I go and make it.

This was the first time I had found someone attractive in a very long time.sure,I dated here and there but it never lasted long.There was something different about her,and i was definitely going to find out what it was.

Once I finished making her coffee,I walked over to her table as she looked up at me."here's your coffee."I say."thank you."she simply responds.

We make eye contact for a couple more seconds before I walk away.Continuing to take orders.Taking a few glances at her while she drinks her coffee.

When she stood up,I watched her smile at me before walking out of the shop.That's when I felt annoyed with myself,why didn't I get her number?oh well,maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

As it started to get dark out,I knew it was time to close the store."hey Jacob I'll close the store okay?"I say.He shakes his head,"no y/n you do it everyday.Let me do it tonight."he offers.

"Thank you."I say hugging him.I walk out of the shop and put my headphones in.When I finally made it to my apartment,I unlocked the door and dropped my coat on the couch.

Immediately going to the fridge,I decided I was going to eat some spaghetti that I had bought from the store.I put it in the microwave and grabbed a plate,knife and fork while it heated up.

When it was done,I carefully took it out and made sure not to burn myself.I put it onto my plate and then chucked the plastic in the trash.

Going to my couch while grabbing the tv remote.There was always nothing to watch on tv.I put on (favourite movie) like every other night.