SIXTY SIX | Stars

It was late at night in the avengers compound,I lay in bed as I stared up at the ceiling

It was late at night in the avengers compound,I lay in bed as I stared up at the ceiling.It was another one of my sleepless nights,nothing could cure it.

My eyes were wide awake.I was pretty sure everyone else was asleep,they always slept perfectly fine.Whilst hearing the small noises coming from my stomach,screaming at me to eat.I had no motivation to move a muscle but I still forced myself to get out of bed.

The second my feet hit the wooden floor,a loud creak came from it.I cringed at the sound,stopping to check if anyone had woken up from the noise.

Relief washed over me as i carefully made my way to the exit,stealthily opening the door.Begging it to not make a noise,I slid through the gap.It was pitch black but my eyes had adjusted to it slightly.

Walking down the hall,I finally make it to the kitchen.I had no idea what I was going to eat,just something to shut my stomach up.That's when my eyes landed on a half eaten bag of popcorn.

As I reached over to grab it,i heard a creak coming from the stairs.Putting a piece of popcorn in my mouth,I glanced at the top of the stairs.Feeling my heart racing rapidly in my chest,expecting some terrifying monster to emerge from it.

A figure started to walk down the steps,I squinted my eyes at it to try and see who it was.The person continues to walk towards me,"y/n?"a hoarse voice whispers."Wanda?"i murmur back.A switch then gets turned on,resulting in the dark room now getting covered by a dim light.

Revealing my girlfriend with her alluring auburn hair and those hallucinating green eyes which I would always get lost in.

"What are you doing up."she smiles whilst pecking my lips."couldn't sleep."I answer and resume eating my popcorn."can I have some."she says,staring hungrily at the bag of popcorn in my hand.When I don't answer back,she just snatches it from my grasp.

"Hey!"I shout in a whisper as she stuffs a bunch of popcorn in her mouth."you didn't say no."she protests.A smile tugs at my lips when she grins at me."why couldn't you sleep."she questions,wrapping her arms around my neck.

I kiss her lips once more,"I don't know,I guess it's just those sleepless nights."I explain.Wanda nods whilst she hums against my neck."you know what helps."she beams.I raise a brow at her,"what?"

"Star gazing!"she answers,pulling away from me so she could grab my hand."really?"I didn't really believe her,at this point I had tried everything."yes now come on!"she pleads,tugging at my hand."ok."I chuckle as she drags me outside.

When I looked up,the jet black sky was filled with stars,it was truly beautiful.My mind comes back to reality when I heard someone's voice,"babe lay down."Wanda spoke softly,pulling me down to sit next to her.

"it's beautiful."i breath,looking up at the starry sky.she turns her head to look at me,"you know what else is beautiful-"she begins."shut up."i say whilst we both giggle.Resting my head against hers.

After a while,i start to feel my eyes getting droopy.

"Tired yet?"she asks."yeah."i yawn,shuffling so my head is laying on her chest.Wanda slides her hand into my hair slowly,"goodnight love."
<3