SIXTY EIGHT | The Masquerade Ball

Tony had announced that he was planning on hosting a masquerade ball which if you don't know,is were you dress up and wear a mask

Tony had announced that he was planning on hosting a masquerade ball which if you don't know,is were you dress up and wear a mask.I wasn't very keen in parties or dressing up.

But Natasha had somehow convinced me to go,adding on that Wanda would be there yet i knew she would be with vision and that wasn't a surprise.

Everyone knew they were secretly hooking up the moment the two noticed each other.I didn't have the best bond with vision still i knew that he wasn't good for her,even if i didn't have a reason behind it.

I thought Wanda and me were getting along,we always used to watch movies together late at night on the couch and she always seemed to open up to me about her problems,it made me feel special.

But that's long gone now,she had kept avoiding me since her and vision got together.She turned a blind eye to our so called "friendship" and left me,completely clueless.

Wanda never told me why she stopped talking to me all of a sudden,the only motive i could come up with is that she got bored of me but Natasha thought otherwise.

It just hurt to know i wasn't her favourite person anymore but that red face painted toa-
"Y/n..hello are you there?"A voice calls out as a hand waves in front of me."yeah-what we're you talking about?"i look up,seeing that nat was holding 2 dresses.

"Which one do you think would look better,this one or this?"she says,gesturing to them."hmm,i feel like they both would look stunning on you."I was always indecisive,i frequently had nat choose things for me since i couldn't decide.

"Y/n come on,please just choose something for once."nat whines."okay okay,the white one."i answer,watching as her eyes lit up."i was thinking the same thing!"she exclaims."wait what dress are you wearing?"She asks,finally noticing that i wasn't wearing anything 'fancy'.

"I don't have a dress to wear."i mention,crossing my arms as i leaned back onto the couch."oh i remember buying you one,give me a second!"she says,quickly running out of the room.

I swear this women had a back up for everything.It didn't take long for her to run back into the room,holding onto a gold silken dress,i had to be honest...it was captivating to the eye.

"So,what do you think?"she questions,putting it down onto my bed."it looks..breathtaking."
"See!i knew you'd like it.you have to try it on right now!"she demands,grabbing the dress and passing it to me.

"Right now-the ball doesn't start for like an hou-" "yes,i wanna see what it looks like on you girl."nat smiles cheekily,i knew she wasn't going to take a no for an answer."fine."i give in,going to my bathroom to change.

I took off my clothes carelessly as i put the golden dress on,the moment my eyes looked into the mirror,i observed how it defined all my curves perfectly,this was probably the first time i actually wore a dress.

The first thing my mind came too was what Wanda would think of me in it,how she would react..maybe i would finally stand out from the crowd and she would notice me for once yet reality wasn't that generous.

"Are you done?"nat yells from outside the door,bringing me back from my day dreaming."Yeah!"i reply taking a deep breath in,praying that she would at least think i look decent.When i opened the door,her draw dropped..literally."holy shit y/n-you look hot!"She says without hesitation.

I smooth out the wrinkles from my dress and chuckle to myself,"you really think so?"
"I know so,you'll definitely grab someone's attention tonight."she teases as i sigh,"i wish,now try your dress on!"I plead,trying to change the subject.

"Yes obviously."she rolls her eyes before going into the bathroom.I noticed something shiny laying on my nightstand,it was a white glittered mask and next to it was a perfectly shaped golden one."i see you've found the masks."

I turn around to be dazzled by Natasha's white costume,"nat you look amazing!"i beam,"I know..i picked it out myself."she says with sarcasm."Maria will certainly enjoy it."i wink,watching her face redden.

"Anyways,what time does the party start?"i speak up,propping on my also golden heels."about 5 minutes."her eyes widen when she eventually realises the time."shit we gotta go!"she exclaims,quickly grabbing my hand."you've got the masks right?"
"Yeah here."i answer,passing the pearly one to her."thank youu."

As the two of you walked downstairs,your eyes darted across the room,disappointment fulfilled you when you couldn't find Wanda anywhere,still why did you care?she had left you without a word but still lived in the same building..it made no sense,she made no sense.

"Hey you okay?"natasha asked,noticing my frown."yeah."i sigh."look,tonight's gonna be a night you'll never forget trust me."she tries to reassure me."yeah."i nod with a smile."Maria's over there."i say,turning my mind back to something else."oh yeah,Maria!"nat yelled over the loud music,catching her attention while she walked over.

"Hey babe."she grins,giving her a small peck.I hated third wheeling,but i wasn't planning on going to this so i had no one to dance with.I put my mask on and that's when i finally saw her.

She walked down the stairs,it almost seemed like everything was in slow motion.You couldn't miss her face,even with the black costume that complimented her red hair so well.

My eyes shifted to the man next to her,vision of course.It made the mood change ever so quickly,feeling jealously burn within me.I hated how i still cared,how she was thriving but i was stuck in the past.

Her eyes shifted across the room,till they landed on me.She couldn't tell it was me since i had my mask on,well I hoped.But just like that,she turned her eyes back to vision and kissed him.

"Someone looks a bit jelly."nat says from beside me,"oh shut up-im not."
"It didn't look like that to me."Maria adds as I turn my head to look back at her."i need a drink,be right back."

Walking through people,i finally found the drinks and popped open a bottle of wine,pouring myself a glass."calm down,you don't wanna get too tipsy."that voice..was i going crazy?im sure i was.

Shifting my head,it was the actual Wanda Maximoff."im aware of how much i drink thanks."i try to do the confident approach,if she knew who i was,she wouldn't be speaking to me.

"I'm sure."she smiles,"may I?"she gestures to the bottle of wine."yeah here."i pass her the bottle."thank you darling."this made me stop for a second,wasn't she with vision?"aren't you dating that robot guy?"i bring up,watching her roll her eyes."oh vision..yeah he's a lot to handle,i honestly need a break from him."wanda explains,taking a sip from her glass.

I raise an eyebrow,what was she planning?"i hate parties,i don't see in the fun of them."she speaks up as i notice that she was waiting for my answer."oh yeah same,my friend dragged me here."

She chuckles faintly,"want to go somewhere else?you know..away from here."wanda suggests,i wasn't so sure this was a good idea but my mind said otherwise,"sure."

Wanda watched vision,realising he was talking to a random guest at the moment."okay,follow me."she quickly grabs my wrist and drags me throughout the party,until before i knew it we were walking up the stairs and now in her room.

"You seem nervous."she speaks up,looking up at me from her bed."well..i have nothing to say."i reply,looking down at my fingers while fiddling with them.Wanda stood up off her bed,walking up to me gradually."you look awfully familiar..do i know you?"she asks,this makes my heart race.

All i could was shake my head while she leaned down,her lips brushing against mine before connecting them.I felt electricity spark between our lips as she brings her hand to the back of my neck,deepening the kiss.i couldn't do this,as much as i didn't want it to end,it was wrong..

She pulls away before i could react,"are you sure i don't know you?"she asks yet again.This time i take off my mask,seeing her eyes widen."y-y/n."she was appalled,you were the last person that she was thinking of.

"I'm sorry,i should have said something sooner."i look down,feeling her cold gaze burning into my head.Still,when i looked back up,i could hear her murmuring something.She glanced at me one more time..and then left the room.
<3