SIXTY NINE | The Masquerade Ball Pt 2

My eyes closed as a sigh left my lips,i felt like such an idiot-actually speaking to her for the first time in a while

My eyes closed as a sigh left my lips,i felt like such an idiot-actually speaking to her for the first time in a while..was beyond me.It seemed that her lips were still on mine,but she was long gone by now.

Taking a deep breath,i looked around when i realised i was in her room.It had been a minute since i had been in here.I was gazing about until my eyes fixated on something,quickly walking over to it.

It was a small photo of the two of us,it was weird to me that she still kept it.As i continued to stare,i felt myself starting to get upset,knowing that we wouldn't have a moment like this again-destroyed me.

I soon noticed that there was writing on the other side,'to my lost lover,i'll never get over you.' This made my eyes widen,lost lover?I couldn't stand to look at the picture anymore so I swiftly put it down and walked out of the bedroom.

The need to cry only got stronger,but i tried my best to keep myself together.I couldn't let this ruin my night,no matter what would happen.The hallway was empty, it reminded me of the times when wanda and I used to sneak around at midnight.The commotion from downstairs seized my attention.

As I slowly walked down the stairs, the disturbance came into view.All I could really make out from the large crowd was wanda somewhat slapping vision,hearing the words "your a complete asshole!we're done!"she says and i watch her storm through the horde of people.It didn't take me long to realise what had happened, with the girl cockily standing next to vision, was all i needed to know.

Not one person had gone after her,they all just went back to normal,either dancing or getting drunk.I spotted nat as she was talking to Maria,they were probably the only ones that were still stunned from the sudden yelling.Making my way down the steps,i caught wanda turning a hallway.I knew the better option was to stay here, but something inside was screaming at me to follow her.

It seemed that my feet were taking me to her,and before I could do anything else, i was already running after her.Eventually,i found her on the roof, having the view of wanda sitting down silently with her hair blowing in the wind,mesmerised me.It took me a couple of seconds to get out of it, trying not to spook her.

I cautiously walked over to her, now seeing her tear stained face."hey wa-" "you know, I may have hated him but it still hurts."she cuts me off, looking up at me for a moment."yeah..yeah."I pause, sitting down next to her."im sorry-it must suck since you two really liked each other." "oh come on y/n."she speaks up."what?"

"it must be so much worse having someone you thought hated you, kiss you."she gazes into my eyes this time, it was remotely impossible to not look like a red tomato."w-well,yeah that too..I-uh thought you never wanted to see me again."I frown, having my hands being way more interesting than this conversation.

"you've got to be kidding me."I hear her mutter.

It went silent again, feeling the cold breeze brush against my skin."I never really liked vision."wanda calls out, slightly picking at her polished red nails."why'd you date him then?"I ask.

This appears to make her chuckle faintly,"its complicated." "try me." She lets out a sigh,"okay..if you say so." "so believe me or not,i never actually hated you.It was something else y/n.."

"what?"the last thing on my mind, were the words she spoke."I have to admit, I had a thing for you." "a-are you being serious right now?" "obviously,i liked you a lot and so much that I knew it was going to get in the way of our friendship."

"what do you mean?"

"well, it really could have gone two ways..you not liking me back or you liking me back, so the last idea I had was to leave."she explains."but you never really left, you just ghosted me wanda,i m-mean we literally live in the same building!" "I know,i know.."

"Do you though?you dated vision right after-"

"-I told you it was complicated y/n!"she stops for a second, letting out a breath."look, vision told me how he felt about me, and in my mind it was that he could be the distraction, and I would stop thinking about you..but that never happened."

"oh."

"is that all your going to say?"she says, glaring at me."what do you expect me to say?"I answer. "that you forgive me maybe." "are you joking?wanda you cut me off with no answer literally-nothing, and you think im going to forgive you?I fucking loved you!"

realisation finally hits me, well us.I turn my gaze back to the cars frequently driving past, maybe considering to stay.But it was too awkward at this point and her eyes were burning into my skull,"im s-sorry,ive gotta go."I say, quickly standing up.

I didnt dare look at her once, turning my back to wanda and walking out must have been the hardest thing I've had to do.I tried to get to my room without anyone seeing me, still Natasha already had."y/nnn."she smiles, pulling me into a hug."hey nat-i really need to go pee so-"

"oh okay well, find me laterrr love youu."she says drunkly as Maria came running up to her."sorry y/n,she had so many shots when I wasn't looking." "its fine, just take care off her okay?"

I continued to scurry away until I finally made it to my room, thats when everything hit me, what wanda said, how she felt..was nothing like I could have imagined.I started crying without even realising it.

I held my head in my hands, letting out small sobs while trying to take everything in, how could I have been so clueless?It made me so mad at myself,but then again its not like she made it obvious.

It got to the point were I couldn't even cry anymore, i just layed there,with no emotion.I had cried so much over her,it made me wonder if she did the same, sobbing over me every sleepless night.

then,a loud knock came from the other side of the door."who is it."I called out, somewhat hoping it was just my minds I didnt have to get up."y/n its me..please open this door."a voice answers."why should I?"

"please."she repeats again.

I wearily stand up, not being bothered to wipe my tears.Opening the door, it seemed that wanda was in the exact same state as me."listen I just thought you should have this."she whispers, passing me the small photo I had seen in her room earlier."no..wanda this is for you to keep,not me."

"I insist,its a gift from me."she says, putting it in my hands."I can't accept-"before I could utter another word,wanda pulled me into a hug."shut up."she mutters as I hesitantly hug her back,i almost forgot what it felt like to be in her arms.

"im going to try and do everything to make it up to you."
<3