Chapter 7 - the boy in the iceberg

- Sokka's POV -

I'm currently waiting in front of Mizuki's igloo. I really want to properly introduce myself to her. But what do I say? Hello I'm Sokka, do you want to go fishing with me? Ugh, no. That sounds stupid!

"Oh, hello Sokka" I turn around and see Mizuki standing in front of me.

"Hi Mizuki, would you like to go fishing with me?" I stutter. Oh my god why did I say that, I was not supposed to say that!

"Yeah, sure! I'd like that" Replies Mizuki. Oh uh, she agreed?

"Okay then! follow me" I start walking towards the canoes.

"Hello! what are you guys up too?" Asks Katara.

"Oh, we're gonna go fishing. Do you want to join us?" I answer as Katara nods her head at my request. As soon as I had arrived at the shore I started pushing a canoe into the water.

"Ladies first" I say while offering Mizuki my hand, which she accepts to my surprise.

"Thank you" Beams Mizuki. Spirits! She's cute!

"Ehem, what about me Sokka?" I turn around to see Katara give me a glare.

"Oh right"

❀❀❀

- Third POV -

"It's not getting away from me this time, watch and learn girls" Says Sokka while pointing his spear at a fish in the water.

"This is how you catch a fish!" Katara sighs annoyed, however, her expression quickly changes the moment she sees a fish swimming in the water. Katara takes off her glove and starts to waterbend a small portion of water with the fish inside of it.

"Sokka look!" Beams Katara. Mizuki turns around to look at Katara, who's bending a bubble of water with the fish inside of it.

"Woah! Good job Katara!" Compliments Mizuki.

"Shhh! Katara! You're gonna scare it away" Whispers Sokka annoyed.

"Hmm, I can already smell it cooking" Grins Sokka while licking his lips.

"But Sokka! I caught one!" Replies Katara. Mizuki sees that the bubble of water is coming dangerously close to the end of Sokka's spear.

"Hey uhm Sokka, maybe you should-" Before Mizuki can finish her sentence Sokka's spear touches the water bubble causing it to break open. As a result, Sokka gets soaked.

"Hey!" Shouts Katara annoyed.

"Why is it everytime that you play with magic water, I get soaked?!" Hisses Sokka.

"It's not 'magic' it's waterbending! And it's-" Katara gets cut off by Sokka.

"Yeah, yeah, 'an ancient art unique to our culture', blah, blah, blah. Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself" Katara crosses her arms and raises a brow.

"You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water!" Mizuki chuckles at Katara's response. Suddenly the canoe hits an ice floe.

"AAAH!" Yell the three teens. Sokka starts to paddle as fast as he can while Mizuki grabs onto Katara.

"Watch out! Go left! Go left!" Shouts Katara. Sokka tries to go left but fails to do so. The teenagers fall on top of an ice floe and the canoe gets crushed between the ice floes.