Chapter 73 - Zhao

- Third POV -

It's morning. Sokka's sitting on a boulder by the river, fishing. Katara and Mizuki are practicing their waterbending.

"Widen your stance. Wider! Bend your knees. Now, concentrate" Says Jeong Jeong while Aang begins to concentrate.

"Good, good!" Praises the man.

"Wait! What do I do now?" Asks Aang confused.

"Silence! Talking is not concentrating! Look at your friend, is she talking?" Jeong Jeong points at Mizuki and Katara.

"Even that oaf knows to concentrate on what he's doing!" Exclaims Jeong Jeong as he looks at Sokka, who glares at him

"Hey!" Grunts Sokka annoyed.

"But what am I concentrating on?" Asks Aang.

"Feel the heat of the sun. It is the greatest source of fire. Yet, it is in complete balance with nature!" Explains Jeong Jeong.

"So when do I get to make some fire?" Asks Aang who's bored.

"Concentrate!" Scolds Jeong Jeong.

❀❀❀

Aang and Jeong Jeong are walking up the path to the mountain's top.

"Are we coming up here so I don't burn anything with my fire blasts?" Asks Aang.

"No fire yet" Sighs Jeong Jeong.

"What?" Says Aang confused.

"Power in firebending comes from the breath. That is why you must master proper breath control" Informs the man.

"You brought me up here to breathe?" Retorts Aang.

"Assume your stance" Orders Jeong Jeong while Aang assumes the proper stance

"Wider" Says Jeong Jeong as he faces the opposite direction of Aang.

"You're not even look-" Aang gets cut off by Jeong Jeong.

"Wider! Now, inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth- without talking" Scoffs the man while Aang sighs annoyed and follows Jeong Jeong's instructions.

"Good. Keep going" Praises Jeong Jeong as he begins to walk down the path and leaves. After a while, Aang goes down the path and enters Jeong Jeong's cottage.

"What are you doing here? I did not tell you to stop!" Scolds the man.

"I've been breathing for hours!" Complains Aang.

"You want to stop breathing?" Retorts Jeong Jeong.

"I want you to stop wasting my time! I already know how to squat and breathe and feel the sun! I wanna know how to shoot fire out of my fingertips!" Snaps Aang.

"I had a pupil once who had no interest in learning discipline. He was only concerned with the power of fire- how he could use it to destroy his opponents and wipe out the obstacles in his path, but fire is a horrible burden to bear. Its nature is to consume and without control it destroys everything around it" Sighs Jeong Jeong.

"Learn restraint, or risk destroying yourself and everything you love" Finishes Jeong Jeong.

❀❀❀

"I thought about what you said, I promise I'll be more patient" Says Aang as he faces Jeong Jeong.

"We're going to work with fire now" Begins the man.

"Oh yeah!" Gushes Aang excitedly as he airbends himself into the air. However, he quickly gets down and gets serious again.

"I mean, let us begin" States Aang. Jeong Jeong grabs a falling leaf and burns the center.