Chapter 54 - past

- Third POV -

"So you were upset that you were the Avatar? Why wouldn't you be excited about it" Asks Katara confused.

"The responsibility is huge, bigger than anyone could ever imagine" Sighs Mizuki.

"Well, I didn't know how to feel about it. All I knew was that after I found out, everything began changing" Explains Aang.

{flashback}

Aang notices a few kids riding on air scooters.

"Hey, not bad! You guys have been practicing!" Beams Aang.

"Not only that! We made up a game you can play with the air scooters!" Exclaims a boy.

"Great!" Chuckles Aang while bending his own air scooter. The other kids stop airbending.

"What's going on?" Asks Aang confused.

"Now that you're the Avatar, it's kind of an unfair advantage for whichever team you're on" Sighs a guy.

"But I'm still the same! Nothing's changed! So, what? I can't play?" Exclaims Aang upset.

"That's the only fair way" States a child.

"Oh, okay" Says Aang in a sorrowful tone before leaving the kids to play. I just wanted to play with them, that's all...

"Sorry Aang" Mumbles the boy.

<timeskip, a few minutes later>

Aang and Gyatso are playing a game of Pai Sho. Aang just moved his piece.

"Very interesting move, young one" Points out Gyatso.

"What do you mean?" Asks Aang." Gyatso uses his airbending to make a spiral, flipping a part of Aang's clothing, so that it covers Aang's eyes. Gyatso quickly moves two pieces around, instead of one.

"Hey!" Chuckles Aang as he flips his clothing back into place. The two start laughing until monk Tashi enters the room.

"You're playing games with him? The Avatar should be training!" Scolds the man.

"Aang has already trained enough for today" Replies Gyatso calmly.

"Time is short. Come with me, I must test you on some high level techniques" Aang looks up at the monk, not wanting to train again.

"No. As long as I'm his guardian, I will decide when he trains. And when he gets his butt kicked at Pai Sho" Exclaims Gyatso sternly.

"Hmph" Grunts the monk before leaving Gyatso and Aang.

❀❀❀

"After Zuko's outburst in the meeting, the Fire Lord became very angry with him. He said the challenge against the general was an act of complete disrespect! And there was only one way to resolve this" Explains Iroh. Upon hearing these words, the crew gasps out of shock. Could it be...?

"Agni kai. A fire duel" States Jee.

"That's right. Zuko looked upon the old general he had insulted and declared that he was not afraid. But Zuko misunderstood. When he turned to face his opponent, he was surprised to see it was not the general" Continues Iroh.

"Zuko had spoken out against the general's plan, but by doing so in the Fire Lord's war room, it was the Fire Lord whom he had disrespected. Zuko would have to duel his own father" It became silent, the crew had no idea what so say. Zuko would have to Duel his own father...