Chapter 85 - a mission

- Third POV -

The next morning, Aang's practicing his waterbending with Pakku's class. Aang turns a blob of water into a stream and awkwardly sends it off.

"Not bad, not bad. Keep practicing and maybe you'll get it by the time you're my age" Mocks Pakku while Aang turns around, annoyed, but quickly smiles when he notices Katara and Mizuki approaching.

"I love your hair today!" Compliments Katara.

"Thank you! Yue braided it for me" Chuckles Mizuki.

"Hey, Mizuki! Katara!" Greets Aang happily.

"What do you two think you're doing?" Says Pakku annoyed.

"It's past sunrise. You're late" Upon hearing this, Katara and Mizuki begin to smile.

"Good to see you guys here" Beams Aang.

"You, too" Whisper Mizuki and Katara.

❀❀❀

Zhao and Iroh stand on top of the lead ship.

"My fleet is ready. Set a course for the Northern Water Tribe" States Zhao as dozens of Fire Navy ships fire up their engines in preparaton to launch the final assault on the Northern Water Tribe.

❀❀❀

Katara and Mizuki ar sparring with some guys their age. However, after a minute or two, the girls win the match. Pakku facepalms as he looks at his male students, who are frozen.

"Nice try, Pupil Sangok and Koh. A couple of more years and you guys might be ready to fight a sea sponge" Mocks Pakku as he unfreezes the guys.

"Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara? Or Mizuki?" Asks Pakku as he turns around to face several students sitting by the sidelines. They're all exhausted and laying or sitting on the ground.

"Princess Mizuki, you're almost a master at waterbending, you've truly proven yourself to be Yua's daughter. She was the best waterbender I've ever known, though I never admitted it at the time. I think you're the perfect person to train the young Avatar. You shouldn't doubt your waterbending skills" Praises Pakku as he pats Mizuki's shoulder before turning around to face Katara.

"And Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained. You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything. Raw talent alone is not enough" Compliments Pakku before he looks at Aang, who's lying on the ground with a lazy smile, floating Momo around on an airball above him.

"Pupil Aang!" Exclaims Pakku.

"Yes Master Pakku?" Aang stops bending the moment he hears his name.

"Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending" Retorts Pakku sarcastically.

"I wouldn't say mastered, but check this out" Beams Aang as he bends the snow around him to make a snowman of himself, which Momo knocks over. Pakku, Mizuki, and Katara facepalm.

❀❀❀

Sokka and Yue are taking a walk along a bridge. Mizuki had given Sokka the order to take Yue flying on Appa, since she knew that Yue had never left the city.

"So they don't have palaces in the Southern Tribe?" Asks Yue curiously.

"Are you kidding? I grew up in a block of ice. It's not exactly a cultural hub" Jokes Sokka while Yue lets out a chuckle.