Chapter 44 - Jet

- Third POV -

"Aang, I still owe you an apology. You were just so good at waterbending without really trying. I got so competitive that I put us all in danger, I'm sorry" Apologizes Katara.

"It's okay" Reassures Aang.

"Besides, who needs that stupid scroll anyway?" Sighs Katara. Sokka tugs Mizuki's sleeve.

"Can you give me the scroll for a second?" Whispers Sokka. Mizuki nods and hands him the waterbending scroll.

"Is that really how you feel?" Says Sokka sarcastically as he holds the scroll in front of Katara.

"The scroll!" Beams Katara happily. Sokka puts his hand in front of the scroll to keep Katara from grabbing it.

"First, what did you learn?" Asks Sokka.

"Stealing is wrong" Answers Katara as she snatches the scroll.

"Unless it's from pirates" Chuckles Katara. Aang and Mizuki start laughing.

"Good one Katara" Says Aang.

"You tried" Comforts Mizuki as she puts her hand on Sokka's shoulder.

❀❀❀

Mizuki, Aang, Sokka and Katara are in a forest. Momo is chasing a bug through the trees. He lands on the ground to see a neatly stacked pile of lychee nuts. Momo runs towards it, but is pulled into the air by a cage trap, joining two other caged animals.

"Where's Momo?" Asks Aang confused. Momo starts screeching and the teenagers spot him in the cage trap that's hanging by a rope on the tree limbs.

"Hang on Momo!" Shouts Aang as he uses his airbending to fly to the top of the tree, jumping from trunk-to-trunk to get higher. He finds the traps' mechanisms, undoes them, and carefully lowers Momo to the ground where the others are waiting. Katara and Sokka open the trap together and the lemur runs out with one of the lychee nuts in his mouth. When Aang lands he looks up to see the other two animals seemingly crying out for him to help.

"Alright, you too" Says Aang as he jumps up to them.

"This is gonna take forever" States Sokka as he throws his boomerang to simply cut the animals free.

"That works" Replies Aang as he jumps back down. The hog monkeys run up the tree and leave. Everyone gathers around the traps and Sokka kneels down to examine them.

"These are Fire Nation traps, you can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving" Informs Sokka. The teenagers gather their things and begin to pack them onto Appa's saddle.

"Uh, no flying this time" Says Sokka.

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Asks Aang confused.

"Think about it, somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable" Replies Sokka.

"What? Appa's not too noticeable" Exclaims Katara.

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kinda hard to miss him!" Argues Sokka while he points dramatically at Appa.

"Sokka's just jealous cause he doesn't have an arrow" Says Aang as he pats Appa's head.

"Sokka, even if you are right, walking is exhausting and takes a lot of patience and time" Sighs Mizuki, who has experience with traveling on foot.

"I know you all wanna fly, but my insticts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk" Continues Sokka.

"Who made you the boss?" Asks Katara as she raises her brow.