Chapter 3 - a cold night

- Third POV -

It's nighttime and the moon is slowly rising. Devastated, Mizuki enters the Western Air Temple. Mizuki's eyes widen out of shock as she sees the soldier's dead bodies laying on the ground and the walls painted with blood.

"M-mom? Dad?" Whispers Mizuki horrified as she further enters the temple while avoiding stepping on the bodies. Mizuki looks around, in the search for her parents corpses. She rushes towards a heap of dead bodies and starts to frantically pull them off each other. This goes on for a few minutes, until Mizuki realizes that her parents are nowhere to be found. Mizuki begins to look around in the hope to find anything, but everything's gone. Their portraits and pictures, their waterbending and air bending scrolls, their clothing. Was taking my parents not enough?!

Mizuki walks towards the fountain and bends a big portion of water. She uses this to clean the temple's walls. Slowly the water she's bending begins to turn red. "back and forth" Whispers Mizuki to herself while she scrubs the walls. Her eyes which once were bright and full of live, were now dull. After cleaning the temple's walls, Mizuki moved on to the doors. This went on for hours and hours. After cleaning the blood stains, Mizuki enters her bedroom and lies down on her bed, one of the only things the Fire Nation didn't take with them. She looks through her window at the full moon and tries her best to fall asleep. However, she can't seem to fall asleep. After a while, Mizuki begins to sing softly to herself.

"In the north, far from here. La and Tui, who we endear. Circle in an ancient pond. Together for eternity, they are bond" Sings Mizuki as she sits up and leans her head against the window's opening.

"In their waters, deep and blue. Dive down deep into the sound. They will lend you a hand. But not too far or you'll be drowned" Mizuki looks up at the beautiful moon as the light gently touches her face. It felt weirdly comforting, almost as if the moon was consoling the young girl.

"yes, they will sing to those who hear. And in their song, all magic flows. Like the tides who push and pull" Mizuki yawns before laying down on her bed and curling up.

"And when the moon is full. Thats when your true power shows" Hums Mizuki before falling asleep. She starts dreaming about her mother, who used to sing this lullaby when she was younger.

"in the North, far from here" Sings Yua as she sits down on the end of Mizuki's bed. Mizuki crawls towards her mother and sits next to her, laying her head against Yua's shoulder.

"there's a family, waiting for you" Yua begins to gently stroke her daughter's hair. Mizuki closes her eyes and falls asleep.

"come my darling, homeward bound" Yua picks up Mizuki and carefully places her onto her bed. She puts a blanket over her daughter and smiles.

"that's how their whispers will sound" Hums Yua before kissing Mizuki on her forehead. After doing so she leaves Mizuki's bedroom.

❀❀❀

A/N: yes I wrote this song and used frozen's lullaby "all is found" for inspiration. If you want to you can read the version I wrote while listening to the original song instrumental video :) The link: youtu.be/UGYkG2TKb9o