Chapter 82 - the healing hut

- Third POV -

Katara enters the healing hut.

"Uhh...hi. Are you Yagoda?" Asks Katara awkwardly.

"Are you here for the healing lesson?" Asks the woman.

"I guess I am" Replies Katara upset as she looks at all the young girls.

"Welcome, welcome!" Beams the Yagoda as she escorts Katara into the room.

❀❀❀

"You're moving the water around, but you're not feeling the push and pull" States Pakku.

"I'm trying" Grunts Aang annoyed as he bends a water stream.

"Maybe that move is too advanced for you. Why don't you try an easier one?" Mentions Pakku as he slurps some soup while Aang slams down the water in frustration.

❀❀❀

"Thanks for the lesson" Says Katara as she turns around to face Yagoda.

"So, who's the lucky boy?" Asks the woman curiously.

"Huh?" Mumbles Katara confused.

"Your betrothal necklace. You're getting married, right?" Yagoda points at Katara's necklace.

"Ah...no. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. My grandmother gave my mother this necklace and my mother passed it down to me" Informs Katara.

"I recognize this carving! I don't know why I didn't realize sooner; you're the spitting image of Kanna!" Exclaims Yagoda as she examines Katara's facial features.

"Wait, how do you know my Gran-Gran's name?" Asks Katara confused.

"When I was about your age, I was friends with Kanna. She was born here in the Northern Tribe" Begins Yagoda.

"She never told me"

"Your grandmother had an arranged marriage with a young waterbender. He carved that necklace for her" Continues Yagoda.

"If Gran-Gran was engaged, why did she leave?" Asks Katara.

"I don't know. That's always been a mystery to me. She left without saying goodbye" Sighs the woman.

❀❀❀

"The crew wanted me to wish you safe travels" Says Iroh as he enters Zuko's room.

"Good riddance to those traitors" Replies Zuko bitterly.

"It's a lovely night for a walk. Why don't you join me? It would clear your head" Suggests Iroh. However, Zuko doesn't respond.

"Or just stay in your room and sit in the dark. Whatever makes you happy" Shrugs Iroh as he leaves Zuko's room while the pirates make their way onto Zuko's ship, bringing up blasting jelly.

"Careful with the blasting jelly!" Whispers a pirate.

"Uncle? Uncle, is that you?" Mumbles Zuko confused as he stands up from his bed and begins to walk around on his ship. The fuse to the blasting jelly is lit, causing the ship to explode.

"Zuko!" Shouts Iroh as he sees the ship getting blown up. He runs towards the ship, only to find it destroyed.

"Zuko..." Mutters Iroh sorrowful as he begins to tear up.

❀❀❀

Sokka approaches Mizuki, who's looking at the city as she stands on the bridge.