Chapter 67 - Shirshu

- Third POV -

Somewhere in a seedy tavern in the Earth Kingdom, man is thrown through the roof and lands on the ground. The woman who owns a shirshu is calmly arm wrestling the man who gnashes his teeth and sweats. Zuko angrily enters the tavern and pushes a man out of his way.

"Out of my way! Step aside, filth" Grunts Zuko angrily.

"He means no offense! I'm certain you bathe regularly!" Says Iroh while Zuko approaches the woman, who is still arm wrestling.

"I need to talk to you!" Exclaims Zuko.

"Well, if it isn't my new friends; Angry Boy and Uncle Lazy" Smirks the woman as her opponent strains to get the upper hand. Iroh laughs at her remark and the lady wins her match without breaking a sweat. The crowd cheers and throws money at the woman.

"Your beast trashed my ship. You have to pay me back!" Shouts Zuko angrily.

"Well, I'd love to help you out, but I'm a little short on money" Retorts the woman as she collects the money.

"Drinks on me!" Shouts the young woman as the crowd begins to cheer. The woman moves to take a sip of her drink, but Zuko grabs her wrist in anger.

"Money isn't what I had in mind. I need you to find someone" Scoffs Zuko annoyed as he lets go of the woman and holds up a betrothal necklace.

{flashback}

"So, how does it look?" Asks Mizuki as she pushes her brown hair back, revealing her neck and Katara's necklace. Aang and Katara turn around to look at her. Mizuki looked beautiful, not only that, she looked happier and healthier as well. The day they met her, she had huge eye bags and a dull expression on her face. But now, her skin glowed and her eyes were brighter than ever. Not to mention, she was smiling, genuinely. Aang nervously pulls at his collar with his hand, smiling awkwardly.

"You mean, all of you or just your neck? I mean, because they both look great!" Blurts out Aang as a blush grows onto his cheeks. Did I say too much? Aang puts his right hand behind his head in embarrassment while Sokka emerges from the water, holding the fish.

"Woah" Mutters Sokka under his breath with a painted blush on his cheeks. Suddenly, the fish slaps Sokka in the face with its tail and escapes, causing Sokka to fall back into the water.

"You look great" Compliments Katara with a smile on her face.

"Thanks" Says Mizuki shyly while Sokka emerges empty-handed from the lake, soaking wet. Suddenly, Momo flies off to Aang's shoulder upon hearing a loud noise in the distance. Aang turns around to look at the direction where the sound is coming from.

"Someone's being attacked by a platypus bear!" Exclaims Aang. A large, ferocious beast with brown fur stands upright on its hind legs and swings at a man, who smiles merrily with his hands behind his back. The man manages to avoid the bear's swing by calmly stepping backwards. The animal continues its attack as Aang leaps onto a rock directly behind it. The man continues to smile as if nothing's happening. Mizuki sees the man and quickly runs towards him, leaving her old necklace behind on a rock. A few hours later, Zuko and Iroh walk by the very same rock.

"Uncle, what's this?" Asks Zuko as he picks up the betrothal necklace and examines it.

"That looks like a betrothal necklace, its very common in the Water Tribe" Explains Iroh. Zuko looks at the necklace and notices the carved air sign on it. This isn't just any betrothal necklace...there are only two airbenders alive. This must be Mizuki's necklace!

"Are you planning to give it to a certain someone?" Teases Iroh. Zuko begins to blush and puts the necklace in his pocket.

"No!" Protests Zuko as he looks away and continues to walk.