Chapter 40 - mud and bugs!

- Third POV -

Appa's flying above the mountains, carrying Aang, Mizuki, Katara, Sokka and Momo. Aang is pacing around on Appa's saddle, breathing heavily.

"Would you sit down? If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off. What's bugging you anyway?" Says Sokka, who had noticed Aang's nervous behavior.

"It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives" Replies Aang worriedly.

"Well let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you a hundred and twelve years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer" Answers Sokka in a sarcastic and amused tone.

"I haven't even started waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole! What am I gonna do?" Exclaims Aang. Mizuki grabs Aang's arm.

"Hey, calm down. It's going to be okay" Reassures Mizuki while Aang sits down in front of her.

"If you want I could start teaching you waterbending moves from now on" Comforts Mizuki.

"Could you teach me aswell?" Pleads Katara. Mizuki nods.

"You'd do that?" Asks Aang as he smiles at Mizuki who rolls her eyes at him.

"I didn't travel all the way from the Western Air Temple to the South Pole for nothing" Answers Mizuki while Sokka slightly chuckles.

"We'll need to find a good source of water first" Continues Mizuki. Sokka starts grinning.

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in, you're small enough to fit in one" Teases Sokka.

"I'm not that small!" Argues Mizuki while Sokka starts laughing.

❀❀❀

Aang, Mizuki, Katara, Sokka and Momo are standing in front of a large waterfall and river.

"Nice puddle" Says Sokka annoyed. Appa flies down into the river and creates a huge splash that soaks and almost knocks Momo off the rock he is standing on. Aang takes off his shirt and begins to run towards the water.

"Yeah! Don't start without me boy!" Exclaims Aang as he swims towards Appa.

"Remember the reason we're here" Says Katara somewhat blankly. Aang stops and looks at Katara.

"Oh right. Time to practice waterbending" Replies Aang as he gets out of the water and puts his clothes back on.

"Great. So what am I supposed to do?" Says Sokka sarcastically.

"You could...clean the gunk out of Appa's toes" Suggests Aang while he hands Sokka a branch with a bushel of leaves at the end. Sokka frowns and crosses his arms.

"So, while you guys are playing in the water, I'm supposed to be hard at work picking mud out of a giant bison's feet?" Asks Sokka.

"Mud and bugs!" Replies Aang somewhat cheerfully.

"Okay" Answers Sokka dryly as he takes the stick and walks over to Appa who is floating in the water.

❀❀❀

Zuko is practicing his firebending with his lieutenant Lee. Suddenly, the boat turns and they are thrown to the right.

"Someone's changing our course" Groans Zuko annoyed.

"What is the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!" Yells Zuko as he enters the room of the ship where Iroh and the rest of the crew is playing Pai Sho.