Chapter 71 - Fire Day's festival

- Third POV -

"This should give us a good idea of what's around here" Says Katara as she walks towards a poster on a kiosk, in the middle of a crossroad.

"See if you can find a menu, I'm starving!" Complains Sokka as he flips his small pouch, only to find out its empty aside from a few crumbs.

"I bet we'll find something to eat here" Reassures Mizuki.

"The Fire Day's Festival. Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians...this would be a great place for me to study some real firebenders" Says Aang as he points at the poster.

"You might wanna rethink that. Look at this" States Sokka as he points at another poster on the other side of the kiosk.

"Hey, a poster of me!" Beams Aang.

"A wanted poster! This is bad" Exclaims Sokka while Mizuki looks at the wanted poster.

"Since when do I have a wanted poster?" Mumbles Mizuki as she removes the wanted poster from the wall and starts reading it.

"Mia...a girl who has the ability to bend multiple elements, and controls people? And apparantly I have a blue guardian who watches over me when I sleep?" Says Mizuki confused as she reads her wanted poster out loud.

"Pfft- They didn't even get your name right" Points out Aang as he begins to laugh.

"What a bunch of propaganda" Says Mizuki as she begins to laugh nervously.

"I think its better if we better keep moving" Mentions Katara as she looks at the wanted posters.

"I have to learn firebending at some point and this could be my only chance to watch a master's up close" Protests Aang.

"I guess we could go check it out" Sighs Katara.

"What? You wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired-up with their...you know, fire?" Sweatdrops Sokka.

"We'll wear disguises and if it looks like trouble, we'll leave" States Mizuki.

"Yeah! Because we always leave before we get into trouble" Retorts Sokka who's not convinced.

"You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival" Says Aang as he pets Appa and Momo.

"Let's go" Beams Aang as he puts on a black cloak. Mizuki, Sokka, and Katara do the same. As soon as they enter the town, they notice that everyone's wearing masks.

"I think we need some new disguises" Points out Katara.

"Where are we gonna get masks like that?" Asks Sokka.

"Get your genuine Fire Festival masks here!" Shouts a man who owns a small booth.

"That was surprisingly easy" Mentions Sokka while Mizuki lets out a chuckle. After buying four masks the teenagers begin to walk around.

"Hey, there's some food" Aang points at a small shop.

"Finally!" Beams Sokka as he rushes towards the vendor.

"What do you have?" Asks Sokka.

"Flaming fire flakes! Best in town" Brags the man proudly.

"I'll take'em" Sokka begins to eat the fire flakes, but begins to cough due the spiciness.

"Aaahhh! Hot! Hot!" Exclaims Sokka while Mizuki looks at him concerned.

"Flaming fire flakes, hot? What do you know?" Says Katara sarcastically. Mizuki stops walking the moment she notices a bunch of kids gathered around a puppet show.