Chapter 15 - they're still alive

- Third POV -

Several Fire Navy ships are lined up. Something that looks like a railroad stretches out along the shipyard. There are a few tents lined up in front of the ships. One of the bigger tents is being guarded by two Fire Nation soldiers. Zhao's inside the tent, standing in front of a large map that is hung up on the wall. He holds his hands behind his back.

"...And by the year's end, the Earth Kingdom capital will be under our rule. The Fire Lord will finally claim victory in this war" Says Zhao as he turns around. He looks at Zuko who's sitting at a table. Meanwhile Iroh's standing in the corner, looking at some weapons that are placed against the wall.

"If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool!" Snaps Zuko angrily.

"Two years at sea have done little to temper your tongue. So, how is your search for the Avatar going?" Zhao pulls up alongside Zuko and smirks. Iroh knocks over a weapon display behind them. The weapons come crashing down with a lot of noise. The general cowers at the noise and the damage he wrecked. Zhao turns around looking annoyed.

"Eh...my fault, entirely" Iroh places his hands in his sleeves and walks away from the weapons with a faint smile on his face.

"We haven't found him yet" Answers Zuko aggressively.

"Did you really expect to? The Avatar died a hundred years ago. Along with the rest of the airbenders, even the family that was hiding in the Western Air Temple. It's such a shame we had to kill them, they seemed like nice people" Zhao's face contorts in an evil expression. Zuko clenched his fists in anger, Zhao noticed this and kept on going.

"They're all dead. Unless you have found some evidence that the Avatar is alive?" Continued Zhao.

"No. Nothing" Zuko faces Zhao and responds very clearly. Zhao rises from his chair, with an expression of disbelief on his face.

"Prince Zuko, the Avatar is the only one who can stop the Fire Nation from winning this war. If you have an ounce of loyalty left, you'll tell me what you found" Zhao leans closer to Zuko and glares at him.

"I haven't found anything. It's like you said. The Avatar probably died a long time ago. Come on, Uncle, we're going" Zuko looks up at Zhao and his tone becomes slightly more aggressive. As Zuko approaches the door, the guards stop him from leaving by crossing their spears while a third soldier enters the room. The two soldiers block Zuko's path. A soldier enters the tent and walks up to Zhao.

"Commander Zhao, we interrogated the crew as you instructed. They confirmed Prince Zuko had the Avatar in custody, but let him escape together with the airbender girl. Turns out she survived somehow" Informs the soldier. Zuko gulps, turns around to look at Zhao.

"Now remind me, how, exactly, was your ship damaged?" Zhao starts to smile evilly, he walks up to Zuko,  who's glaring at him. This was exactly what he had been afraid of.

❀❀❀

Appa had landed at the base of snow covered stairs. Aang, Mizuki, Katara and Sokka where making their way up to the mountain trail. Aang starts running, excitedly looking back at the two siblings and Mizuki.

"So where do I get something to eat?" Asks Sokka while he clutches his stomach with both hands. The bags under his eyes are darkened and he has a very annoyed look on his face.

"You're lucky enough to be one of the first outsiders to ever visit an airbender temple, and all you can think about is food?" Scolds Katara annoyed.

"I'm just a simple guy, with simple needs" Shrugs Sokka. As the three approach Aang they see him pointing at something infront of him.

"So that's where my friends and I would play airball!" Beams Aang he points at a stadium consisting of many tall poles.