Chapter 16 - flying lemur

"Your aim has improved greatly, my young pupil" Says Gyatso while he pats Aang's head.

- end flashback -

❀❀❀

- Third POV -

"You must miss him" Says Katara as she understandingly places a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah" Replies Aang who's slightly upset. Then he turns around and starts walking away.

"Where are you going?" Asks Katara curiously.

"The air temple sanctuary. There's someone I'm ready to meet" Aang is walking up some stairs that lead to a corridor behind the statue. Mizuki walks next to Aang, she already knows where the air temple sanctuary is located. Aang enters the hallway. Katara looks questioningly at Sokka, who just shrugs. They both start walking after Aang and Mizuki. They arrive at place which has a round symbol of intertwined air currents, the national symbol of the Air Nomads is largely embedded in the floor, surrounded by two square shapes that form some sort of sun together. 

The group has reached the entrance of the air temple sanctuary. The door supports a combination of metal colored pipes and three, blue, rolled up, pipes that are similar looking and arranges like the symbol for airbending. The large wooden door is framed by the branches of an old tree standing on the left of it and the hallway is illuminated by sunlight that falls through little, round windows.

"But Aang, no one could have survived in there for a hundred years" States Katara.

"It's not impossible. I survived in the iceberg for that long, and Mizuki's still alive too" The four teenagers look up at the door.

"Good point" Replies Katara.

 "Katara, whoever's in there might help figure out this Avatar thing!" Beams Aang, Mizuki looks down, knowing that there's no one inside of the sanctuary except for statues.

"And whoever's in there might have a medley of delicious cured meats!" Exclaims Sokka who is still hungry. He starts to drool over the thought. Katara looks annoyed at her brother. Full of anticipation and longing, Sokka charges at the door, but it doesn't budge and he simply smacks into it, head first. He quickly turns around and puts his back to it, trying to push the giant door open. When the door does not move, he sighs and slides down to the floor disappointed. He rests against the door.

"I don't suppose you have a key?" Says Sokka, Mizuki giggles at him.

"This door has a different sort of key" Answers Mizuki. Sokka stands up and looks at Mizuki confused.

"What do you mean?" Asks Sokka.

"The key, Sokka, is airbending" Explains Aang. Sokka gives him a confused look. Aang takes a deep breath. He spreads his arms and thrusts them forward, sending an air current into both of the tubes on the door. The wind makes one of the blue curled tube turn around. When it does, the tube changes colors to purple and the wind blows out like a horn. The process is repeated for the other two blue tubes as well. When the three blue tubes have turned and become purple, the door slowly starts to open. The door cracks open and light penetrates the dark room. The doors sway open.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Asks Aang. But he doesn't get a response. Aang enters the sanctuary and the others follow.

❀❀❀

- Zuko's POV -

"So a twelve-year-old boy and a fourteen-year-old girl bested you and your firebenders. You're more pathetic than I thought" Mocks Zhao. I glare at him, he knows that those two teenagers weren't just any teens. They're the Avatar and a powerful bender. Mizuki didn't just survive the firebenders attack by accident.