Chapter 78 - relics

- Third POV -

Somewhere in a small Earthkingdom village, Team Avatar is buying supplies.

"Come on Sokka! Make up your mind. We've wasted enough time here. We have to be on our way to the Northern Water Tribe!" Exclaims Katara slightly annoyed.

"I could use one of these" Says Sokka as he stares at a boomerang collection.

"Necessary supplies only, besides you already own a boomerang" Deadpans Katara. Meanwhile, Mizuki and Aang are walking towards a small stand.

"Fine and rare items, have a look!" Mizuki and Aang approach a man who seems to be selling rather unique items.

"Mimi, look!" Gasps Aang. Mizuki is quick to turn around.

"An ancient airbender pendant" Mutters Aang as he carefully picks up the necklace.

"Wow" Whispers Mizuki amazed as she looks at the object in awe.

"Ancient? A man traded it for medicinal herbs two days ago" Replies the man who's selling the items.

"Did he tell you where he got it? Did he have more?" Asks Aang curiously.

"What did he look like? Did he say where he's from?" Asks Mizuki as she grabs the necklace and holds it in front of the man's face while pointing at the item.

"He came from the high mountain. Probably a traveler who got lost" Begins the man. "No one from the nearby villages would go there, the mountain is sacred, full of flying spirits" He explains. Mizuki and Aang look at each other for a second before nodding. They have to find the person who the necklace belongs to. It could be another airbender descendant.

"Aang, Mimi, are you guys done? We need to go!" Shouts Katara.

"The boomerangs were more useful than the stuff they're looking at" Points out Sokka grumpily.

"Coming!" Replies Mizuki before grabbing Aang's arm and pulling him along.

❀❀❀

It's nighttime, Team Avatar is having dinner around a small campfire.

"You sure are in a hurry to find other waterbenders. Relax, we're almost at the North Pole" Reassures Sokka before taking a sip of his water.

"It's not for us! Aang needs to find a waterbending master as soon as possible" Scoffs Mizuki.

"I've said this before but, why don't you train him? You're skilled enough" Replies Sokka annoyed. Why doesn't Mizuki give herself more credit? She's a great waterbender.

"Besides, the sooner we get there, the safer we'll be" Says Mizuki before putting her plate away.

"You're doing the dishes today Sokka" Mentions Katara while handing him all the plates.

"What?! Why me?" Complains Sokka dramatically.

"I'll go set up camp with Aang" Sighs Katara before leaving her brother behind.

"Mimi can you feed Momo and Appa?" Asks Aang before following Katara.

"Sure" Replies Mizuki. After setting up camp, the teenagers lay down next to Appa in their sleeping bags.

"Do you need a blanket?" Asks Katara.

"No, I'm okay" Reassures Aang.

"Goodnight then" Smiles Katara before crawling into her own sleeping bag.

"Goodnight" It becomes silent for about an hour. Mizuki decides to break the silence.

"Psst, Aang" Whispers Mizuki.