Chapter 88 - oasis

- Third POV -

Yue, Katara, and Aang are standing by a small, round wooden door.

"So, is this the way to the Spirit World?" Asks Aang, causing Yue to laugh.

"No. You'll have to get there on your own. But I can take you to the most spiritual place in the entire North Pole" States Yue while opening the door. Aang enters, only to see a small verdant oasis lying ahead, a waterfall flowing directly behind it. Aang and Katara gasp out of surprise.

"I never thought I'd miss grass this much!" Exclaims Aang as he rolls around on the ground.

"It's so warm here! How is that possible?" Asks Katara confused.

"It's the center of all spiritual energy in our land" Explains Yue while she takes off her coat. Katara does the same. Momo notices two fish, one black and one white, swimming in the pond. The lemur sticks his hand in the pond and tries to grab the two fish in the water. Katara and Yue glare at Momo, who quickly stops doing what he was doing.

"You're right Yue. I can feel...something. It's so tranquil" Replies Aang as he sits down in a meditating position.

❀❀❀

Zuko emerges from the water through another hole in the ice. He lies on his back on the ice and catches his breath. He rolls over onto his side, and begins to shiver. Zuko begins to breathe fire to warm himself. Suddenly, a turtle seal begins to bark.

"Be quiet!" Scolds Zuko annoyed while the pack of seals quiets down. Zuko makes his way through another opening where water is pouring out. He tries to steady himself and make his way through the channel of water. Zuko begins to slowly crawl his way through.

❀❀❀

Sokka's crouched on the floor, sharpening his boomerang in the warrior's room.

"Is something wrong, Sokka?" Asks Arnook, who had just entered the room.

"Oh, no. Hahn's out there on the top-secret mission while I'm here sharpening my boomerang. Everything's fine" Replies Sokka sarcastically.

"Listen to me. I took you off the mission for selfish reasons. I have a special task in mind for you" Admits Arnook.

"What, you want me to scrub the barracks?" Sighs Sokka annoyed.

"I want you to guard my niece Mizuki, and my daughter Yue" Informs Arnook.

"Oh...sure, that shouldn't be too hard" Replies Sokka, who's secretly feeling very flattered. Once Arnook leaves the room, Sokka realizes something. Wait- guard Mizuki? That girl is literally the Avatar's guardian. She doesn't need any protection.

❀❀❀

Zuko continues to make his way through the channel of water. He exits from the channel and swims to the surface of the water. He emerges from the surface and inhales deeply several times. He proceeds to duck his head under the water, surveying the area. Zuko notices another channel, and swims towards it. As he attempts to resurface, however, the surface of the water is frozen into a thick ice patch. Zuko tries to break through the ice. He suddenly exhales, signaling his need for air. He heats his hands using firebending and melts a hole in the ice. As soon as Zuko emerges he gasps desperately for air and sits down against a wall next to the hole.

❀❀❀

Aang's meditating while Katara and Yue watch him.

"Why is he sitting like that?" Asks Yue confused.