Chapter 25 - arrested

- Third POV -

Aang, Mizuki, Katara and Sokka are in the palace of Omashu. In front of them the king of Omashu is sitting on his throne, guarded by two guards. The first watch guard slightly moves aside to let the three children pass. Sokka looks very uneasy, Katara slants her eyes up in an attempt to look sympathetic and glances to the side. The elderly king looks at the teenagers questioningly, arching an eyebrow and grunting in wonder. The teenagers get pushed into a kneeling position by two guards.

"Your majesty, these juveniles where arrested for vandalism, traveling under false pretenses and malicious destruction of cabbages" States a guard.

"Off with their heads! One for each head of cabbage!" Shouts the cabbage merchant as he jumps up and down, waving his left fist in the air.

"Silence! Only the king can pass down judgment. What is your judgment, sire?" Continues the guard. The king squints his eyes and grunts pensively. Aang, Mizuki, Katara and Sokka give each other an uneasy look.

"Throw them...a feast!" Exclaims the king as he raises his hand. The guard gasps and the merchant grasps his head with both hands in dismay upon hearing the king's verdict. Sokka's smiling while Katara darts a questioningly look towards Aang, who arches his eyebrows in wonder. Mizuki gives the guards a distrustful glare.

❀❀❀

Mizuki, Aang, Sokka and Katara are sitting at a richly-filled dinner table. Momo's eating a lot of food as he chitters contently. The king's standing behind the teenagers chairs.

"The people in my city have gotten fat from too many feasts, so I hope you like your chicken with no skin" Says the king as he grabs a chicken leg that was on a plate and holds it in front of him.

"Thanks, but I don't eat meat" Answers Aang politely. The king turns around to face Mizuki, but before he can say anything Mizuki cuts him off.

"Sorry, I don't eat meat either" She says. As soon as the king turns around Mizuki glared at him. That king knew exactly what he was doing, didn't he?

"How about you? I bet you like meat" Asks the king as he looks at Sokka. He stuffs the chicken into Sokka's mouth, who eats it appreciatively. Then the king walks over to his own seat.

"Is it just me, or is this guy's crown a little crooked? Whispers Katara as she turns circles with her index finger beside her head, implying that the king is crazy.

"So tell me, bald young one. Where are you from?" Asks the king as he sits down on his seat. Mizuki raises a brow and glances at Aang.

"I'm from...Kangaroo island!" Says Aang, Mizuki sighs in disappointment.

"Oh, Kangaroo island, eh? I hear that place is really hopping!" Answers the king, a moment of silence occurs. The teenagers look straight at the king with blank faces, suddenly Sokka bursts out laughing. Katara, Mizuki and Aang look at him confused.

"What? It was pretty funny" Says Sokka as he stops laughing.

"Well, all these good jokes are making me tired. Guess it's time to hit the hay" Says the king who lazily stretches his arms and yawns. The king eyes the teenagers with a weird expression as he leans to the left of his chair. Suddenly, he hurls a chicken leg at Mizuki, who catches it with airbending. The guards gasp in surprise, Mizuki quickly stops airbending and looks at the ground.

"There's an airbender in our presence, and not just any airbender. The Avatar!" States the king as he stands up and points at Mizuki who immediately stands up.