Chapter 81 - princess

- Third POV -

In another part of the city, Mizuki is using her waterbending to surf on the water in between the streets, instead of using a boat. After a while, she passes by Yue's boat.

"Princess Yue, good morning!" Beams Mizuki happily, while the princess gives her a confused look. She's using her waterbending to stand on the water? That's quite impressive...where did she learn to waterbend?

"You're a waterbender!" Points out Yue while Mizuki chuckles.

"Yeah, what about you?" Asks Mizuki curiously.

"I'm not a bender" Admits Yue.

"Oh, I see. Do you mind if I join you?" Asks Mizuki as she points at Yue's boat.

"Go ahead" Says Yue as she smiles at Mizuki who sits down on the boat next to her.

"You're not from here, are you?" Asks Yue as she examines Mizuki's facial features.

"Nope, but my mother is from the Northern Water Tribe though" Mentions Mizuki.

"What a coincidence..." Mumbles Yue.

"What did you say?" Asks Mizuki confused as she tilts her head.

"Oh, it's nothing. You just remind me of someone" Replies Yue embarrassed.

"Who is it?" Yue looks away for a second before answering Mizuki's question. I guess there's no harm in telling her.

"Yua, my aunt. She was a rebellious woman who did not like our traditions. When she turned sixteen, she disappeared. No one ever saw her again after she left" States Yue upset. Upon hearing this, Mizuki's eyes widen out of shock. This can't be a coincidence, there's no way.

"What's wrong?" Asks Yue concerned as she notices that Mizuki begins to tear up.

"You...you're my cousin" Blurts out Mizuki as she looks at Yue.

"What?" Yue's worried expression changes to one of surprise.

"My mother left the Northern Water Tribe because they treated her as less of a person, just because she was a woman" States Mizuki as she looks down at the water, her eyes filled with anger and sadness.

"You really are Yua's daughter. You look so much like her" Whispers Yue amazed as she glances at Mizuki.

"Yeah...well, it's nice to know I have some family left" Says Mizuki as she begins to smile.

"Mizuki, what happened to Yua? Could you please tell me? I'm dying to know" Pleads Yue as she holds Mizuki's hands.

"I- uh...it's a long story" Replies Mizuki.

"Please, we have enough time"

"Alright, I'll tell you" Sighs Mizuki.

❀❀❀

Mizuki and Yue are laughing in Yue's boat as they make their way back to the palace.

"I can't believe you!" Chuckles Mizuki.

"It's true though!" Exclaims Yue happily.

"I've got to go now, but I'm more then happy to listen to your stories tomorrow" Beams Mizuki as she steps out of the boat.

"Mizuki, why don't you come with me to the palace?" Asks Yue.

"I want to see how my friends are doing. Besides, I don't want to enter the palace uninvited. I would feel out of place there" Replies Mizuki.