Chapter 64 - panda lily

- Third POV -

Mizuki's bending water into a vase.

"You're a waterbender?" Tora gasps in surprise as he notices Mizuki waterbending.

"Yeah, I'd prefer if you don't tell anyone though" Replies Mizuki casually as she lifts the vase and begins to walk away.

"Wait! But that's so cool! I've always wanted to be a bender!" Exclaims Tora as he quickly follows Mizuki.

"You're a non bender?" Asks Mizuki curiously.

"Yeah, I wish I could bend like you though" Sighs Tora upset.

"Hey, it's not that bad as you think" Comforts Mizuki while Tora starts to smile.

"Yeah, I know. But being able to move rocks is pretty amazing" Chuckles Tora as he grabs Mizuki's vase.

"I'll carry it for you" Mizuki blinks confused for a second.

"Sure I guess" Shrugs Mizuki as she continues walking towards Appa. As soon as she's standing next to Appa, she takes the vase from Tora and puts it down next to Appa. Mizuki looks at Tora, who's just watching her with admiration. Why is he looking at me like that?

"So, uhm...is there anything I can help you with?" Asks Mizuki awkwardly while Tora shakes his head.

"No, it's just that I've never met a waterbender before" Replies Tora who looks at Mizuki as if he's waiting for something.

"You want me to waterbend?" Upon hearing these words, Tora's eyes start to sparkle.

"Yes please!" Beams Tora while Mizuki chuckles.

"Alright, do you have a big water source or something?" Asks Mizuki as she looks around. I don't see any puddle.

"There's a river on the other side of the mountain" Mentions Tora.

"Fair enough, let's go" Shrugs Mizuki. It's not like I have anything else to do. This actually might be fun.

"Follow me!" Tora starts heading towards the exit of the village while Mizuki follows him.

"Oh, a panda lily!" Exclaims a woman happily as she hugs her boyfriend. Tora looks at the couple for a second in awe.

"The woman seems to be very happy about receiving a flower, does this 'panda lily' have a certain value?" Asks Mizuki as she stares at the couple.

"I have no idea what you're saying" Tora starts to laugh upon hearing Mizuki's question.

"Receiving a flower from someone you like is pretty flattering in general, but I guess that receiving a panda lily is extra special" States Tora as he continues to walk.

"Why?" Asks Mizuki curiously as she follows Tora.

"Well, they grow on top of the mountain. It's not very easy to get one" Explains Tora as he lets out a sigh. I kinda want to get one though.

"I see. Tora, do you like someone?" Tora starts to blush furiously and looks away.

"What kind of question is that?" Exclaims Tora flustered.

"Well, since we're going to that mountain anyway, why don't we get a panda lily as well?" Shrugs Mizuki.

"I mean, why not" Says Tora as he begins to smile. After walking for a while, they've arrived at the river.

"Here we are" Beams Tora as he looks around. Mizuki gasps out of surprise, this place is beautiful.

"Now let me see some bending" Chuckles Tora as he slightly pushes Mizuki towards the water.