Chapter 43 - lotus tile

- Third POV -

"Huh? Where did Mizuki go?" Mumbles Sokka who just woke up.

"What's wrong?" Yawns Aang.

"Mizuki's gone! What if she's in danger?" Says Katara worriedly. Suddenly, a pirate throws a rope around Aang and drags him away with some help of the other pirates.

"I got him! Come on!" Shouts the pirate.

"Oh what? We're not good enough to kidnap?" Exclaims Sokka.

"Sokka! Shh!" Scolds Katara while covering his mouth. The pirate shoots another net at Sokka and Katara and kidnap them as well.

❀❀❀

Zuko and the pirates gathered. The pirates are holding Aang, Sokka and Katara, who are tied up. Sokka is struggling with the ropes.

"Nice work" Compliments Zuko.

"Sorry guys, I shouldn't have left the camp" Apologizes Mizuki while looking down at the ground.

"It's not your fault Mizuki" Comforts Aang.

"It kind of is" Says Iroh boldly, who's standing next to his nephew.

"Give me the boy" Demands Zuko.

"You give us the scroll" Replies the captain.

"You're really gonna hand over the Avatar for a stupid piece of parchment?" Smirks Sokka.

"Don't listen to him, he's trying to turn us against each other!" Exclaims Zuko.

"Your friend is the Avatar?" Asks the captain surprised as he turns around to face Aang.

"Sure is, and I'll bet he'll fetch a lot more on the black market than that fancy scroll" Continues Sokka.

"Shut your mouth, you Water Tribe peasant!" Shouts Zuko annoyed.

"Yeah Sokka, you should really shut your mouth" Whispers Aang. 

"I'm just sayin' it's bad business sense. Think how much the Fire Lord would pay for the Avatar and the dualbender. You guys would be set for life" Finishes Sokka.

"The dualbender?" Asks the captain.

"That's me" Beams Mizuki.

"Keep the scroll, we can buy a hundred with the reward we'll get for the boy and the girl. Go get the girl" Smirks the captain.

"You'll regret breaking a deal with me" Snaps Zuko as he and two of his soldiers send a blast of fire at the pirates. The pirates jump back. One of the pirates throws a smoke bomb and jumps into the fight. Some of the soldiers run towards Sokka, Aang and Katara, who are struggling with their ropes. But the soldiers are stopped by several pirates. Momo runs down the tree and frees Mizuki.

"Thanks Momo, and sorry for scolding you earlier. I owe you a bushel of apples" Apologizes Mizuki before running towards the others. Aang is lost in the smoke, a knife narrowly misses him and cuts through his ropes. Zuko finds his way out of the smoke cloud and hides the scroll behind his back, but the pirate captain sees him and the two begin to fight. The scroll flies into the air and is caught by Momo, but the iguana parrot sees him and hits Momo. The scroll flies back down to the ground, and Mizuki manages to catch it. Suddenly, she sees Katara not to far away. Mizuki rushes towards Katara but trips.

"Mizuki! Are you okay?!" Shouts Katara as she runs towards Mizuki.

"I'm fine" Replies Mizuki, who's trying to hide the pain. Katara grabs Mizuki's arm and puts it around her neck to help Mizuki walk. A spear narrowly misses Sokka's head, and he uses it to cut the ropes on his hands.