3. Social Time

After the party at the house of Bellagio, the Alessandrini family retuned home. Lidia Alessandrini and Lena Alessandrini went to watch TV with a cup of hot cocoa. But of course Luigi was no where near wanting to be relaxing at home. There was no school tomorrow. It was a Saturday night. He also had no homework because he was in the habit of doing all school work during weekday nights and leave nothing to weekends but his social life or observing what his father did at work when he allowed him to. So he changed from his formal clothes and changed into something comfortable. He walked past the TV room and said "I will be back in a couple of hours. Bye." He then walked out. That was how it went in their household. No one questioned what he did and where he went except his father. His mother did not worry about what time he got home and if he even got home. If he even failed to return she would have assumed he was staying at a friend's house most likely.

Luigi decided to go far. So he asked one of the guards to give him a lift with the car. He was driven to where he wanted and he got off. He asked the guard to drive back.

In his social time, he normally hung out with his friends or he just walked around town alone. He was a very social person but he also loved exploring the city by himself getting to know new places and new people. It was good for business to know the area and what the people were upto. He had managed to explore some new untouched areas of town that he told his father about. Soon there were new businesses set up there that weren't there before.

As he was walking through the streets he heard a commotion in an alleyway he was walking past. He stopped walking and turned. Something was going on further down the alley. So he walked towards the group of people. There was shouting as well as laughter. He noticed a boy on the ground. The boys in a circle around his were taking turns beating him up by the looks of it. The boys were talking over each other. It was hard to tell what was being said. He whistled. The boys stopped. He then cleared his throat "Gentlemen what is going here? Too much noise."

The boys all turned towards him.

One of the boys immediately recognised Luigi. His eyes widened "Oh. I am sorry. Were we in your way?" He turned to the boys and ordered harshly but urgently "Let's go guys. We are finished here. Move it. Quickly." He seemed like he was the group leader by the looks of it. The other boys looked at him and followed him silently and did not protest. Luigi was no friend of this boy or anything. But most people in this area knew who Luigi was. His father created jobs in this neighbourhood. Almost everyone worked for his father directly or indirectly. Luigi had good memory and never forgot any face. He had seen this kid before. His uncle owned a restaurant. He worked there sometimes.

Luigi did not respond to the apologies who the group leader repeatedly said as they walked past him and left. He just looked at the boy on the floor. The boy obviously had been hurt. He had his eyes closed and rubbing his stomach. Maybe that is where they had kicked him. But again the boy seemed to be expecting Luigi to beat him too so he hand his hands protectively over his head now shielding himself or rather trying to. If Luigi wanted to beat him up, no shield could help this kid.

Luigi saw a back pack on the floor. He picked it up and walked to the boy "Dont worry. I am not going to hurt you. I dont have a reason to. Is this back pack yours?"

The boy slowly put his hands down and looked up. "You are... not one of them? I thought you wanted to beat me up too? They listened to you like you are their boss. Why did they listen to you?"

Luigi chuckled "You ask too many questions kid. Do you rather they didnt listen to me?"

The boy relaxed slightly as he saw Luigi smiled. He stood up and took the back pack from Luigi and said "Thank you... No. I am glad they listened to you. Thanks for saving me. I owe you."