46. Sword

Christian was at school. He was playing billiard by himself deep in thought in an area that only he had access to and used. He was aware that so much must have been going on but did not know anything about specific details. 

That morning, his uncle, Artan Armstrong, was not home but had given out his orders. Christian was not allowed to contact Italians. He was not allowed to go to any Italian territories until further notice and that included the Italian school site. This was nothing new. Sometimes when tensions rose he had been instructed to be cautious this way. He only went to Bellaggio territory anyways. That was banned now until further notice.

Christian was not allowed to cantact Gianluca even by telephone but he ignored the rules. The rules did not stop him if he wanted answers. When he was sure there was zero risk of getting caught he broke the rules gladly. So Christian had tried to communicate this with Gianluca via telephone but Gianluca had not answered his phone calls. He knew something was up if he did not answer the phone. 

When Christian had arrived at the school, he had noticed that the Irish school had banned the students from the Irish school to cross over to the Italian school until further notice and the Italian school had done the same. This did not look good. Tensions may have risen very high. Christian then, had tried to get in touch with Gianluca to get him to come over through the American teachers who worked at both sites but they had said that the children of many of Italian families were absent that day from school including Gabriela, Lena, Luigi and Gianluca.

Christian had felt annoyed. Why was Gianluca absent? Why was Gabriela absent? What was the emergency? Just when him and Gabriela were getting close and even pretending to be going out together, this had come up.

Christian was so frustrated that he hit the ball so hard it shot off the billiard table.

Cristian walked away and picked up the ball from the floor. Just then the door opened and Lorcan entered. Christian threw the ball in the air and caught it "Did you have any luck?"

Lorcan nodded "Yes." He then stepped aside and waited. He then sighed and stepped outside "Come inside..."

Christian watched as a reluctant looking Alfredo entered. Christian had sent Lorcan over to the Italian school to get Alfredo who was in a similar position as Lorcan for Gianluca. He was an underboss in training and answered to Gianluca only. But unlike Lorcan who had been scouted for his role and had landed at Christian's doorstep by fate and luck, Alfredo had been born into this life. Generations of his family before him had served the Bllaggios. Alfredo had always shown potential above all other children of men who worked for the Bellagios and were Gianluca's small army in school. He had proved himself and Gianluca always knew he was potentially his future underboss and confided in him the most.

Lorcan closed the door behind him and said "He said he can only can stay 5 minutes..."

Christian walked towards Alfredo and said "Oh... So you are setting me a time limit to question you now? Are you?

Alfredo sighed as he looked at Christian. "I follow orders from Gianluca. He warned me you would try to contact him..."

Christian was now standing in front of him as he crossed his arms over his chest "Go on... What did he order you to tell me if I caught up with you?"

Alfredo hesitated and sighed. "Everything..."

Christian chuckled. It was obvious Alfredo did not think it was a good idea. Alfredo was loyal to Gianluca and only to him. Just like how Lorcan was loyal to Christian.

Alfredo gave Lorcan a look "You need to leave..."

Lorcan did not react and stood there.

Christian was finding this interaction amusing. Alfredo was looking at Lorcan with contempt. Lorcan had managed to cross over and locate Alfredo and pass on Christian's summon call to him. It was obvious Alfredo blamed Lorcan for him being there.