59. A Feud

Eden opened her eyes and saw her surroundings. She blinked a few times as the light was bothering her. She noticed she was laying on a bed that was in a hospital room seemingly with all the equipment in the room. She tried to sit up but felt abit dizzy and sat back down. She heard loud voices outside.

"Is she awake yet?"

Another voice said "No.... Not yet"

"Heads will roll if she is not awake when boss gets here... You need to try harder..."

"I am a Doctor. I am not a miracle worker. Boss brings this girl here all unconscious with drugs in her system. He has set me a deadline that is simply unrealistic .... A few hours is not enough for her to recover and walk around...."

Everything slowly was coming back to Eden. She had been kidnapped and drugged.

"If she is not awake when boss comes back here, you have to answer to him... Hope and pray that he wont blow your brains out..."

Eden wondered who wanted her awake so badly. Blowing someone's brains was extreme.

"I dont know what else to try... I cant do miracles..."

"Then you have to beg Luigi Alessandrini to spare your life when he returns... Prepare yourself to explain why she is not awake or face the consequences...."

Eden froze. What? Luigi? He was the boss.

"Oh... I have a pretty good idea he wont listen to any of my excuses... He seemed very angry when he left after rescuing his girlfriend..."

"He might... He has captured most of those who were involved in abducting his girlfriend... After he deals with interrogating them, he might be in more generous mood... You are my cousin... I dont want to lose you... Luigi's father is away... Luigi will decide your fate if you fail.... I hope you dont get a very harsh sentence... Because I will have to carry it out because I wouldn't want anyone else to deal with you..."

Eden couldn't believe what she was hearing. She tried to sit up and almost succeeded but she felt a bad headache and abit of dizziness which forced her to lay back on the bed again.

There were voices shouting orders. "Boss is here..."

Heavy footsteps came. Then Eden heard Luigi's voice that sounded harsh and rough "Is Eden awake yet?"

The Doctor's voice was heard in a pleading tone "Sir... I tried... I tried my best..."

Luigi said "She should be awake by now... You promised... I expect results..."

The Doctor shakily said "Yes sir... But..."

Suddenly the door opened and closed soundly as Luigi slammed the door startling Eden.

Eden saw Luigi leaning to the closed door shaking his head whispering under his breath "I am this close to snap this guy's neck... This close..." There was a rageful expression on his face.

Eden said in a whisper "Luigi..."

Luigi turned sharply. His eyes softened immediately "Eden? Eden...." He ran to her bedside.

Luigi sat on a chair next to her bed and took her hand in his "Eden.... Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

Eden said "I am ok..." She coughed "I am abit thirsty..."

Luigi nodded. He put a few pillows behind Eden's back and helped her sit up. He then poured some water into a glass "Here you go..." He handed her the glass.

Eden drank some water and felt much better. Then she watched Luigi walk to the door as he said "I will call back the doctor..."

Eden quickly said "Stay... Please... I dont need a doctor..."