20. The New Joiners

It was after school and Dina O'Brien was sitting next to Sorcha McNab as they were gossiping about their first day at the new school in their girls home room. They were both fifteen. A year younger than their brothers Dean and Sean.

Sean walked inside the home room and the room went silent. Girls cleared his way and tried not to make eye contact with him. Sean walked straight to Sorcha and Dina. He said "Sorcha. Let's go. We need to go home now."

Dina said "Does she have to come so soon? We want to stay and hang out."

Sorcha said "Yeah. I want to stay. Can't you ride with Dean and I ride with Dina today."

Sean said "No. That is not an option."

Their rides home depended on what the boys chose to do. The boys could choose to ride with their sisters for the day or go home in one car. Even though they lived far apart in different territories it did not matter. This gave them freedom to stay after school as long as they wanted and leave together or if one wanted to leave early and one wanted to leave late they just coddle catch rides with their sisters separately.

Dina said "Sean. Just go hang out with Dean."

Sean said "No. Dean has gone to play darts. He wanted to be alone this afternoon. I wanted to play billiard with him and hang out. Now, I have no reason to stay so will go home."

Sorcha asked "Why?"

Sean said "Do not question me."

Sorcha said "Can't you go hang out with Ciara?"

Sean said "She has gone home now. I am just coming from the car park. She got in her ride and I watched it drove off. I came here to pick you up to leave."

Sorcha took a note. If she wanted to stay longer at school she had to ask for Ciara's help."

Dina said "What if I convince Dean to stay and play billiard with you? Would you hang out with Dean now?"

Sean had enough arguments from these girls. He sighed "Go on then. You have five minutes. Go to the boys only lounge that has darts as an activity option in it. If you are not back in five minutes I am gone with Sorcha. Your time starts now."

Dina said "Ok." She stood up and walked quickly to the boys only lounge with darts in it. It wasn't hard to find. There were school maps everywhere on the walls. He entered the lounge and saw Dean silently looking out the window all alone. He was the only one in the lounge.

Dina said "Dean?"

Dean turned around "Dina... What are you doing here?"

Dina said "I came to find you. Can you hang out with Sean this afternoon. He wants to take Sorcha home now because hanging out with you is not an option. So he has no reason to stay longer."

Dean's mind still was with what Christian had told him. There was a high chance that Rose was alive and safe. That had made him much more content. Of course he was worried about whether Luigi was going to help him or not in finding news of her. But he was more hopeful now that Rose was happy and healthy if the Alessandrinis were protecting her. Hope had made his heart be at more ease. But suspense and excitement of possibilities locating her snd  even meeting her one day in future was making him thoughtful and on edge and filled with anticipation. He shrugged  "I guess I can stay." He was in no hurry to go home that day. It was easier to clear his head in school after so much information coming his way that he was trying to get his head around.

His sister said "Thank you...Hurry. Sean gave me 5 minutes."

Dean followed Dina and arrived at the home room. There he was Sean talking to Sorcha.