53. Waiting

One week Later

Eden was sitting in the school's cafeteria having a pastry. She was sitting alone. Now that she was dating Luigi not everyone dared come close. It did not matter than Luigi was miles away. Luigi's presence could still be felt. Eden still had friends. But students were much more careful in conversations and approaching her. They were respectful before because she was friends with the Alessandrinis from the beginning when she had joined. But now respectful had a different definition and everyone seemed to know it. It was bizarre. Luigi wasn't even there and association with him as his girlfriend made her be treated almost like ... royalty. That was it. He was like a ruling monarch. 

At least she wasn't the only one who was treated like royalty. She waved at Lena as she entered the cafeteria. She was a princess. In every way. 

Eden looked forward to talk to Lena and also hear the latest news about Luigi. She knew Luigi was in Mexico spending time at the house of Serrano family, a Spanish crime family whose daughter was part of Luigi's fan club. 

After news had reached her a week ago at that hotel that Lena had been found and she was returning, she had been over the moon. She looked forward to see Lena and looked forward to returning to her normal life. She looked forward to coming back to school. But now at school she was not so thrilled. Why was everyone giving her special treatment? This was too much. Was this how her life going to be like if she chose to stay with Luigi longer?

Lena grabbed a plate of pastry from the cafeteria counter and walked to Eden. She sat down opposite her around her table and said "Hi Eden..."

Eden said "Hi. What's the news today?"

Lena knew Eden was asking about Luigi. She said "It does  not seem like Luigi could be home any time soon..."

Eden raised an eyebrow "Really? How long does he have to stay there in Mexico?"

Lena shrugged "Until Estrella's parents return home from their trip."

Eden sighed "I understand he has duties. But does he have to represent your family there? Why does he have to be the one to stay to pay respects?"

Lena said with a sigh "If I had not gone missing, then he wouldn't have to stay... The Serranos gave me back safely when they were not really obliged to. They did not ask for anything in return except the chance to sit down with a representative of our family. She  was the only Serrano at that house at the time and she chose Luigi so Luigi had to stay..."

Eden said "This is crazy..."

Lena nodded "Yes. I know..."

Eden said "How big is Luigi's fan club Lena? Are there more girls out there who are competing for his hand? He has so many choices... A big range..."

Lena said "Eden. It does not matter.... Luigi loves you so much... There is no way he would ever consider being with another girl on even one date now that he has you as his girlfriend.... He does not care for other girls... He never has... It does not matter how many choices he has... He has chosen you.... You are the one and only for him..."

Eden did not argue with Lena... She finished her pastry and said goodbye to Lena. As she walked towards her locker in a deserted corridor, she came across Gianluca. She was startled. 

Gianluca said "Hi..."

Eden put her hand on her heart "Hi... You are like a phantom... Where did you come from?"

Gianluca said "Sorry... I saw you walk here, so I thought I catch up quickly... I need to talk to you... It's important..."

Eden said "Ok... Sure... What's going on?"