26. Young Minds

It was was early morning on Sunday and it was after breakfast. The girls and boys who were invited by Bernardo and his sister Barbara were staying at the house of Benito Bianchi who was the father of Bernardo and Barbara and happened to be the eldest son of the head of the Bianchi family Benigno Bianchi. It was raining outside so staying indoors had been part of the plan for now until the rain stopped.  Then they could go outside and have some fun.

All the girls now were all now sitting around Barbara's room talking. They all had different women's fashion magazines in their hands and discussing what was the new trend and what looks elegant enough. They excitedly talked about what type of new dresses they liked to perhaps order from their personal fashion designers who filled orders usually for their families.

Lena and Rose were sitting on the floor next to each other and looking through a fashion magazine together and talking about the dresses the models were wearing.

Rose said "I love this red dress..."

Lena nodded "It is beautiful..."

Rose said "I am not sure about the shoes. I think black shoes look nicer with this dress..."

Lena said "The Dress is so long though, no one hardly will notice the shoes..."

Rose smiled "You might be right..."

As they were commenting on dresses, they came across a picture of a woman next to a man.

Lena said "The dresses go well together. A well dressed couple. Isn't it?"

Rose nodded as she looked at the picture "Yes... A nice couple..." She then turned to Lena "I heard you now have a boyfriend now. How did you decide to say yes?"

Lena said "It didn't really take much time to think about deciding. I have known Gianluca since I was very young because our families are close. So I knew he was trust worthy and also my parents approved him. To be honest with you... I said yes... because there was no reason to say no... I had no reason to reject him..."

Rose asked "Weren't you worried that you might change your mind later and you break up with him... Some guys dont like rejection and feel insulted by that..."

Lena said "No. That was not my worry. That is not just a girl's worry. Is it though? I mean guys can change their minds as well sometimes..."

Roses nodded "I see your point..."

Barbara announced "Girls... I think we should decide what to do once we are done looking at my fashion magazine collection... How about we pick a book and act out the lines here... It should be fun... We all love a role play. Don't we girls... Rose, do you mind going to the library and pick a few books for us... You are the one who has read the most books out of our family library... I live here and I have not read half as many as you have..."

Rose smiled and said "Sure. I go now... I will pick a few books with some entertaining scenes for the role play... I may take my time though... I want to pick very good ones..."

Barbara said "Take your rime Rose."

Rose got up from the floor and said " I will be back soon girls..." She then walked out of Barbara's bedroom. She walked down the stairs to the main library of the mansion. It was a very nice library. She walked in and started looking through the shelves. A book in the top shelf got her attention. She reached her hand up to grab it but she couldn't reach. Maybe she needed to get a chair. Just then she felt a presence behind her and someone retrieved the book for her.

"Here you go..." Amerigo said.

Rose turned around and said "Oh. Thank you Amerigo." She then took the book from his hand. "What are you doing here? Arent you meant to be with the guys?"