17. Relationship Drama

Ciara was sitting with some girls at the cafeteria of the Irish school. They had just arrived and  were having breakfast as they were busy talking. She heard Sean's voice from behind her "I need to sit here next to Ciara. Move..."

Ciara was too startled to even begin to feel outraged at Sean's rudeness and bluntness. He did not even say please and thank you to the girl who was sitting next to her. But again she was used to Sean being so rude to those he outranked. They were nothing to him. The girl quickly stood up and said "I am sorry for being in your way."

Sean said "Move it..."

The girl quickly moved as she picked up her tray and even walked to another table from the shock and fear. They had heard that Sean McNab was moving here but they did not know he was going to crash on them today.

Sean put his tray down and sat down. He then stared at the other girls who were looking at him with fear. He said "What are you looking at?"

The girls got the message they were not welcome. They quickly stood up and left.

Ciara stood up and picked up her tray about to leave the table too but Sean's words stopped her. His tone was much nicer with her. Much more respectful. Much more gentler but the promise was evident "Look. I just want to talk to you. Nothing more. Sit down Ciara.  I want to talk to you. It doesn't matter which table you move to, I will follow."

Ciara sighed and sat down. She then ignored him and started drinking from her glass of orange juice.

Sean said "Good. How are you Ciara?"

Ciara said "Fine." She then got on with pouring maple syrup on her pancakes.

Sean said "Can you look at me when I am talking to you at least?"

Ciara dropped her fork and knife on her plate and turned to him "Allright. I am looking at you. Happy?"

Sean said "Yes. Happy."

Ciara said "Can I get back to eating my pancake now?"

Sean said "You can eat your pancake as we talk. But you can look at me from time to time when I am talking to you."

Ciara said "Fine." She then turned to her plate and started cutting her pancakes.

Sean said "Where is Connor?"

Ciara turned to him and said "Baseball practice. Where else would he be so early in the morning?" She then looked back at her plate and picked up a piece of pancake with her fork. She put it in her mouth and said "I need more syrup." She then reached for the syrup but Sean quickly reached for the syrup and their hands touched. Ciara pulled her hand away and took a deep breath.

Sean picked up the syrup and said "Allow me..." He then poured some syrup over her pancakes.

Ciara said "That is enough. Thank you."

Sean put back the syrup on the table. He said "You are welcome."

Ciara picked up another piece of pancake as Sean was watching her eat. She could feel his eyes on her. Ciara turned to look at Sean "Why aren't you eating your pancake Sean?"

Sean said "I will."

Ciara sighed and turned to getting on with eating her pancake."

Sean asked "Do you always come to cafeteria to have breakfast at this hour?"

Ciara turned to him "Yes. I actually do. I am dropped off at the same time at the school as Connor. He goes to attend baseball practice and I come here have breakfast and then go wherever I need to for the day."