39. Collaborations

Salvatorio was standing next to Marcello Rizzi as they were watching the school grounds from behind the windows of a classroom at the private school were they both attended in Boston. It was break time. Students were spread out.Marcello was the next heir to the Rizzi empire. They had met before but never on American soil. Their fathers did business together. It was Marcello who travelled to Sicily mostly.

Salvatorio commented "There is a storm coming... But these kids are playing catch or eating on the benches."

Marcello smiled faintly "This is the peace before storm then. Is it?"

Salvatorio said "You could say that..."

Marcello said "How stormy do you think will life be here for you Salvatorio... You have eyes for an Alessandrini who has a claim on her from a Bellagio..."

Salvatorio said "As stormy as yours I bet... You have eyes for a Bellagio when you are allies with the guy who is rival to her brother for Lena's hand..."

Marcello said "Well... Storms come and go... It is a fact of life... Look at that lightening appearing in the clouds... Now let's wait for the thunder..."

Seconds later Thunder was heard and that got the students's attention. They started dispersing.

Salvatorio said "How did you get to meet and know Gabriela Bellagio. You never gave me any details... You just said to me to measure my steps when I deal with her brother and not go too far because you want her as your girl... Bellagios do not do business of any kind with your family."

Marcello said "I met her by coincidence... every time. We have mutual friends and interests."

Salvatorio said "Obviously the mutual interests have not worked out for you so far if the last encounter ended like how you described it ended..."

Marcello said "Hate is a passionate feeling or so they say... She loves to hate me..."

Salvatorio said "Do you have any rivals like I do?"

Marcello said "I bet I do. The coast seems clear but I expect rivals..."

Salvatorio said "She has no one after her yet?"

Marcello said "A girl like her for sure has armies of men after her... But only those who dare, express it... Just like the case for your girl Salvatorio..."

The rain was pouring down hard and there was no one outside now.

Salvatorio said "It looks pretty empty outside... No one wants to walk around in a storm..."

Marcello said "Unless there is a reason to do so...Some causes are worth getting soaked for in a heavy storm."

The sound of the heavy rain hitting the windows was echoing in the empty classroom where the two boys were standing in.

Salvatorio said "I have no doubt..."

Marcello said "The forecast today is storms and heavy rain for some part of the day... But there is burst of sunshine too..."

Salvatorio said "I prefer the storm... I like the dark clouds... In Sicily it was always sunny... A change is nice... Do you like storms?"

Marcello said as he was looking outside "I like storms... Laws of Physics are at work during storms... You see the lightening before you hear the thunder that is supposed to warn you about it... The speed of sound is no match for the speed of light... So you hear no warning when a silent lightening appears in the skies... I always found it fascinating... You never know when lightening strikes...."

Salvatorio said "Of course... The thrill of the unknown is what some people live for..."

****

Lorcan was walking around the Irish school. He had a rule book in his hand reading while walking. He was in unknown territory. He had never even dreamt of stepping foot in a private school let alone attend one. He was now meant to attend this school as one of Christian's personal recruits. He was briefed about his duties. He had been given the most outrageously generous offer anyone could get. He had met the others who were like him. None of them had a background like his. They were all sons or grandsons of those who either worked for the Kavannaghs or worked with them in some kind of business capacity over the past few decades. He was an outsider.