54. Star Crossed

It was night time at the Kavannagh mansion. Christian was back from the house of Armstrong. He was so happy to be back home. He looked forward to the coming days. The Kavannaghs had made the arrangements for the joint homecoming event to happen in a safe neutral territory that weekend and so Christian had some work to do. He just had to make final preparations, visit the venue and then he was free to go see Gabriella and Gianluca for some long overdue catching up time.... It was only Friday night and the Homecoming party was on a Sunday. So he had a long weekend full of fun.

He was sitting on his bed and eating sweets feeling like he was the king of the world. The phone rang.

Christian stood up from his bed and walked to his desk. He picked up the phone and smiled "Hi Archer..."

Archer was coming the next day because he had to attend a school game of football that had fallen that night. He had called to say his team and had won.

Christian said "See you tomorrow Archer... Just bring me some more of those blue sweets. Will you?" 

His cousin was not a fan of sweets. He was given a big sweet allowance but hardly used it. Now Christian asked him to use up his sweet allowance and pass him whatever he didnt want. 

Christian said "And dont pack too much stuff.... We are back after the weekend I think... I am not sure if I will go back willingly if I stay here too long..." It was true. Since his grandpa was not back from his lengthy business trip he had to listen to his uncle Artan and go back eventually. He didnt trust himself to return if he stayed here longer than a weekend. He missed home too much. 

After Christian hung up the phone he turned to walk to his bed and eat more sweets. But the phone rang again. Was it Archer again? Who else knew he was back except him? He sighed. He turned around and walked to the phone. He picked it up "Yes. What now Archer?..."

To his surprise it was not Archer. It was Dean O'Brien. He sounded urgent. He was coming over.

Christian asked "Hold on... What's going on? And how did you know I was here?"

Dean said "That kid who works for you told me... You know that Lorcan kid..."

Christian asked "Where did you see him? Where is he? He had taken time off last week.."

Dean said "Its long story... I bumped into him in the area I was doing business in...He was at some cafe sitting alone..."

Christian nodded "Sure... When are you coming by?"

Dean said "Actually. I am only few blocks away... I wasn't sure your people let me in. Your people dont like surprises much and also Armstrong guards chase you too... I thought I call first..."

Christian said "No... The Armstrong guards come by tomorrow actually when they accompany my cousin here... The Kavannagh guards will let you in... I will make sure of it.. No problem..."

Dean said "I guess I will see you in a few minutes..."

Christian had heard the urgency and panic in Dean's voice. It sounded like he did not even have time to answer his questions over the phone. So once he hung up he made his way outside the mansion. He knew where Dean had called from. So he was here soon.

As Christian waited outside and soon after a few minutes a black car cam through the gates and came to a halt in front of him.

Dean got off the car and said "We need to talk... Real quick....Inside."

Christian lead him inside and took him to a room near the entrance. As he closed the door, Dean said "I need your help..."

Christian sighed and turned around. He crossed his arms over his chest "What kind of help?"