7. Outrage

Lena was sitting in a hotel room where the men from earlier who were ready to kill her were watching her. The room was on the very top floor of the hotel and the entire floor belonged to the Kavannaghs and reserved for them all year round for dealing with clients. Lena was waiting for George to come back. On the way to this room, George had stopped at a door and had asked to see the boss. The guards had refused saying boss did not want to be disturbed in the middle of the meeting but when George had said it was about Lena Alessandrini both guards had allowed him to go straight in. She did not know what happened next. That was when she had been shown to this room and told to wait.

She could not believe what was going on now. The men who were so rough and mean with her were suddenly so respectful and apologetic towards her. They kept offering her room service, food and drink but she did not feel like eating or drinking anything. She just wanted to go home. She just wanted to go home and get over Nick's betrayal. She felt so numb. How could Nick just dismiss her life like it was nothing. His words played in his mind over and over again. He did not care if she was dead or alive. He had not even bothered to plea for her life. There was no way Gianluca would have let her die. He would have fought with these guys with all he had. It was in his nature to fight to the death to defend himself. But nick had just flashed his cash and was hoping his troubles were going to disappear. Nick had told her he could protect her. She had trusted him. He had warned her off Gianluca. But here she was breathing all because of Gianluca and not because of Nick.

It was ironic. She had been afraid of Gianluca. She was terrified of him and that was why she did not want to give him a chance to date her. She wanted to hang out with normal boys like Nick who were not destined criminals like Gianluca. Nick had disposed of her the minute his life was danger. His presence had not protected her. But Gianluca had saved her without even being with her. His name was enough to save her and that baffled her. Gianluca had obviously done something to make sure even some enemies of her family knew who she was and who she belonged to and by the looks of it they even knew exactly what would happen to them if she was harmed.

The door burst open and George announced to the men "We have to go back to the mansion. Those kids who came with ... this lady will be riding in the the trunks of our cars and this lady rides in one of boss's Cadilacs."

Lena was taken back. "Why do they need to come to and ... in the trunks."

George walked to her and spoke politely "Boss's orders. We have to take them all... including that guy, Nick."

Lena asked "Why?"

George said "It is the boss's wishes. He said he has to finish his business meeting but his grandson, can deal with this matter. He is at the mansion tonight. He is not here. So we have to take everyone involved to the mansion and he will be deciding what to do with those friends of yours and make arrangements for your return."

Lena followed the men to the car park and sat down in a car. She had asked George if her friends could ride in cars rather than trunks and he had repeated the same phrase "Boss's orders". She was only worried about Mary. Bobby and Bella were Nick's friends. She had less sympathy for them. But Mary was her friend.

When the car ride ended she became anxious as she took in her surroundings when she got off. As they were allowed in through the gate with heavily armed men guarding it, there was a huge mansion with lots of men in suits around busy with work. There were some trucks and some men were unloading them to take inside. Some men were just smoking cigars with their guns out.

George opened her door and said "Welcome to the Kavannagh mansion. Please follow me."

Lena followed George through the mansion. It was huge. They ended up walking up the stairs to the second floor.