12. Allies

Christian was sitting at a table at a fancy section of a restaurant  and was looking at the menu in front of him as he was waiting for his grandfather to arrive. His grandfather had business in town and had asked for Christian to be brought to the restaurant after school so they could have a nice meal together while listening to the singing and music that was coming from the stage. Christian was not paying much attention to the show. His main attention was not even on the menu in his hand. He kept glancing up from his menu from time to time towards one of the tables in the far corner. The kid's name was Dean O'Brien who was Christian's age. Dean's father was the head of the O'Brien family. The O'Briens were on good terms with his grandpa and the Kavannaghs.

Dean seemed to be on a date with a girl who he had met a few weeks ago. Christian wondered how long their relationship was going to last. He dated a different girl every few months or so. Sometimes even every month. It depended on when he got bored with the girl he was dating at the time.

Christian was looking at his watch. He smirked. Any moment now he was expecting to see a priceless scene.

Not far from where he was sitting, his partner in crime, Connor MacKenna was sitting with his family as he was glancing at Christian from time to time as he was taking his time reading the menu in his hand. Connor from time to time brought his menu up covering his face and shaking his head at Christian at an angle that only Christian could see. Connor had Christian's back even if he did not agree with what he did.

Just then as Christian was looking at his watch and glancing at Connor smiling, his grandfather arrived. Christian stood up and greeted his grandfather. He waited for his grandfather to sit down while he took a good look at Dean and his date.

He sat down opposite his grandpa. He then continued looking at the menu and glancing up to Dean and his date. His grandpa was taking his time looking at the menu.

Christian then noticed one of the O'Brien guards walked over to Dean. He whispered something in his ear. Dean O'Brien's facial expression changed to anger and suddenly he became so livid that the waiters and his guards around him took steps back. Dean stood up and started shouting.

Christian held the menu up covering his face to hide his face. He was laughing silently. Connor mirrored his actions and was laughing too with the menu covering his face.

Christopher Kavannagh did not look up from his menu and said "Why is there shouting in this place? Some young people these days have no manners. This is a family setting and these young people are using curse words. This is outrageous. Right Christian?"

Christian finished laughing and brought down the menu. He looked at his grandfather and spoke in a serious tone. "Of course grandpa. I couldn't agree more. Some young people these days have no consideration and manners."

The waiter who was standing nearby waiting for them to order walked to their table and spoke apologetically to Christopher Kavannagh. "Sir. We are very sorry about the disturbance. Our personnel will work hard to resolve the matter. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Christopher Kavannagh waved the waiter off without looking up. The waiter stepped away and stood silently waiting.

Christian looked at Dean who was angrily pointing fingers at the waiters and even by the looks of it some guy with managerial uniform of the restaurant shouting "How could you let this happen? You offered the secure staff car park to me. You said it was better than parking on the street. Now look what happened? How did anyone enter your car park and slash my tires. Obviously your car park is not secure enough."

The restaurant owner was now coming out and apologising to him. He offered to order repairs men to come and change his tires. Dean refused and said his own men were going to do it. Dean took this as an insult. Slashed tyres were an offensive act against him. An act of war. Christian understood it. But hotel staff didn't. His men were going to fix the tyres with no problem. The fact that someone had insulted him and had walked away was Dean's problem. In the end his date managed to calm him by kissing him and whispering words to him. Christian wanted to watch his full blown out rage. But only got to see a glimpse No thanks to that date of his that he was going to dispose of soon.