61. Fighters

Gabriela arrived home after seeing Christian. As her car parked in front of the mansion, Gabriela noticed that the Rizzi family cars were still around. As the Bianchis had gone to the Alessandrini territory, the Rizzi family had sent men to help the Bellagios in case any stand off happened. Gabriella had managed to avoid Marcello Rizzi, her unwelcome admirer while the crisis was happening. She hoped the cars were gone by now. There was no need for them to stay. She got off the car and asked one of the guards "Why are the Rizzi cars still here?"

The guard said "Ma'am. They have stayed for some late night business meetings. The Rizzi family have taken the opportunity to speak with your father and grandfather about future closer relations..."

Gabriella sighed "Where is Gianluca?" Maybe he could tell her what was going on.

The guard said "They are at the Alessandrini mansion. They are staying the night..."

Gabriella said "Great." She tried not to sound sarcastic. She then walked towards the building. As she made her way to the stairs to go upstairs, she heard her name being called. She kept walking. She had no intention of acknowledging Marcello.

Suddenly she found herself face to face with Marcello Rizzi as he caught up to her. She tried to side step him but he didn't let her pass.

Gabriella sighed "What do you want?"

Marcello said "Isn't it obvious? I want your full attention..."

Gabriella said "Seriously? You are out of your mind... I don't want to pay you any attention... Now get out of my way..."

Marcello said "No. I have been looking for the chance to talk to you... Now I have it. You need to hear me..."

She said "I am busy." She then tried to side step him. He didn't budge. "Get out of my way..."

Marcello said "No..."

Suddenly Alfredo, Gianluca's future underboss came along and said "Leave her alone."

Gabriella knew Alfredo had signed his death warrant. No one ordered Marchello around like that. Marcello outranked him. The death stare Marcello gave Alfredo left no doubt in Gabriella's mind he was a dead man.

Marcello walked to Alfredo "Who are you to order me?" He was about to punch him when Gabriella said "I have 5 minutes for you Alfredo.."

Marcello immediately stopped and turned "Marvellous..." He then started walking to Gabriella. "Let's go somewhere more private."

Gabriella lead Marcello to a guest room but not because he asked. She didn't want Marcello or anyone else to endanger themselves by interfering.

As they entered the guest room, Gabriella said "You will leave Alfredo alone. He matters to Gianluca..." He worded this sentence carefully. He did not want him to think she cared. She did. She cared for anyone who worked for her family loyally.

Marcello said "It was not his first time. But fine. I let it pass this time..."

Gabriella asked "So what is it you want...." Since he let it go, she did not mind talking to him. He was not that bad. 

Marcello said "You need to break up with Christian..."

Gabriella frowned "What? No... He is my boyfriend..." She was being too polite to him here. It was none of his business.

Marcello said "He is bad news... He is a threat to your family.... He is not like us... He is Irish. What do you see in him?"

Gabriella looked at her watch "Is this it? You want to convince me to break up with my boyfriend?"