57. Dawn of New Dangers

It was a Saturday morning. Eden had chosen to help her father with his work instead of going shopping and preparing for the school party that was the next day on Sunday.  She was going to keep her outfit and make up very simple. She was never one to show off. 

Eden was now at an unfamiliar part of town meeting a drugs supplier who had sent her father's chemist a letter with an offer of a partnership. Eden had gone against the security measures Luigi had put in place by coming too far out all alone by bus to meet the supplier. Luigi did not want her out of Alessandrini territory and the Bellagio territory. But she did not like to be restricted. She didnt believe there were threats to her life and what could happen in broad day light in a busy city? She was to meet this person at a restaurant. She had to meet him that day or he was moving on. Her father and her brother had no time to meet him and she did not want an assistant to meet him. Suppliers wanted to see owners for offers.

Eden started asking for directions as she got closer to her destination. She finally found the place. She was not sure if it was the right place. This was a fancy restaurant. A very fancy one. People going inside were wearing formal clothing. She entered and asked to see the man.

She was led to a private dining space. As she entered she spotted a man with suit and tie. He did not stand up but offered his hand for her to shake.

Eden put the offer letter on the table and she sat down opposite him.

She was suddenly hit by a bad feeling. She felt uneasy. She normally did not feel feel scared to be alone with anyone but she felt bad. She felt she was quite vulnerable all alone with a. stranger who did not look friendly. In fact he looked like someone who was looking at his enemy rather than a business partner.

As Eden was about to ask questions about the man's offer, suddenly she felt a cloth in front of her mouth and she struggled to stay awake as darkness welcomed her and she became unconscious. The last thing she heard was the man's chilling voice, tell the boss the target is captured.

*****

Luigi was at home in his father's office answering some phone calls in his father's absence. His parents had not returned yet from their weekend trip. Luigi finished the phone calls and just then a knock came on the door. Gianluca came in. Gianluca gave him a nod and closed the door.

Luigi raised an eyebrow as he walked around his father's desk "Hi... I thought you are still at Christian's house... When I called your house they said you you are with him for the day..."

Ginaluca put his hands in his pockets and walked slowly towards Luigi "Christian wanted to be alone. So I came by here... He needs some space to plot what he wants to do next... Have you found anything new about who tried to attack Lena that day?"

Luigi leaned to his father's desk and said "No.... I am trying... Whoever gave the order has some deep connections..."

Gianluca nodded as he sat down on a sofa facing Luigi's standing form "I asked Christian if he knows anything about the guy who kidnapped Lena that day... Christian gave me some information that maybe of some interest to you.... But I am not sure if you trust the information from the Irish end..."

That got Luigi's full attention. He walked and sat opposite Gianluca and said "I want to hear it. Any information about who ordered Lena to be kidnapped is useful to me..."

Gianluca leaned back in his chair "It makes sense to hear all information and consider them for sure... So here is what Christian said... He said the guy we captured, he is a guy for hire... He does odd jobs here and there... His loyalty is to whoever pays him the most... You said that you are suspecting involvement by the Serrano family because they did not release the guy to you.. Estella wanted to keep you there so she didnt let you near the guy when her parents showed up, they also did not co-operate. Christian told me thats impossible. He was so sure. Christian thinks they didnt let you interrogate him to protect their other secrets and also use the guy's knowledge and services for themselves. That mercenary is no ordinary man... Christian thinks they could not trust you not to kill the guy... He told me to tell you not to take it personal."