9. School

Luigi was in his sister's room sitting on a chair opposite her as she was laying on the bed. They had just returned and their mother had not even paid attention much to why she was back early and did not ask how the sleep over went. The thought of what Lena could have been upto did not cross her mind.

Luigi looked at Lena sadly "Are you going to the TV room to watch a show?"

Lena shook her head "No. I do not feel like it. I just want to lay down here alone and rest. I feel so tired. I was so scared..."

Luigi said "I understand. You rest. I will go speak to mother about changing our school... Then I am going out... Is that ok? If you want me to stay and keep you company, I will."

Lena said "No. I am fine. I just feel exhausted. You go ahead. You are going to see Eden. Right?" She smiled weakly as she said her name.

Luigi said "Well, I am going there yes." He then stood up and walked to Lena. He reached his hand to hers and squeezed it gently "Lena. I know you are shaken up. But it will pass. I promise you. You will be ok."

Lena said "I know... I will be ok... I won't be breaking any rules from now on. No more sneaking out..."

Luigi said "You can sneak out if you tell me about it. Then I can protect you and keep you safe... You are allowed to be rebellious. But you need to be safe too."

Lena nodded "I am sorry I let you down. It won't happen again. I think you should go now. Don't worry about me."

Luigi smiled at her "Goodnight Lena."

Lena smiled back "Goodnight Luigi."

Luigi gave her hand one last squeeze and made his way to the TV room. He told his mother Lena was too tired to leave her room and she was resting for the rest of the night. He then started slowly telling his mother about him moving school. To his surprise it worked out well. He managed to convince his mother to change school. But as expected his mother said that his father cared for their grades so much and if Luigi and his sister didn't keep up their grades it meant the new school was responsible so they had to keep their grades up or they had to move back. Their mother was not so strict with grades but their father was.

Luigi left the house and made his way to his favourite chemist place.

When Luigi entered the Chemist he saw no sign of Eden. There was just Ethan there standing behind the counter tending to a customer. Ethan nodded to him and smiled.

Luigi walked to his usual chair and sat down.

Once the customer was gone, Ethan turned to Luigi "Hey man. Good to see you."

Luigi said "Why are you alone?"

Ethan said "My father is doing deliveries tonight and my sister is just upstairs I think.

Just then as Luigi was about to speak, Eden walked through the back door and entered.

Eden looked at Luigi and sighed "You? What is your business here tonight I wonder? Don't you have some other places to be?" She then walked to a shelf tidying it up.

Ethan frowned and turned to his sister "Eden! You can't be mean to him like you are to my other friends. He saved me from a severe beating. They were going to beat me to a pulp if Luigi didn't come to my rescue. I owe him big time. You could be more polite to him you know..." He then turned to Luigi and said "She hates the male population... Sorry Luigi..."

Luigi said "That is alright with me. Trust me..."

Ethan sighed "I do not understand her. Whenever I bring any friends over here or to our home, she is not nice to them... their only sin is being guys... She chases them away."