36. An Eventful Evening

It was evening time before dinner and Gianluca was at the Alessandrini mansion. He was there to pick Lena up. He was waiting outside the mansion next to a Bellagio car. He was leaning to the car waiting. He had expected to see Luigi around but he was not there. Neither was his father, Lothario. Lidia Alessandrini and Lena were alone at home.

After a few minutes, Gianluca looked up as he heard Lena's footsteps. She walked outside the mansion with high heels and a beautiful cream coloured dress down. Gianluca took a deep breath and said "Wow". She looked so stunning.

Lena nervously walked down the steps and approached Gianluca who was looking at her with an unreadable expression.

Gianluca opened the door of the car for Lena as she reached him. "Hello."

Lena said "Hi. I am sorry for being late."

Gianluca said "You are not late. I came early."

Lena got in the car and sat down. Gianluca then took a seat next to her and signalled for the chauffeur to drive away. Of course the car was followed by other cars full of body guards.

Gianluca looked at Lena, "You look so beautiful Lena."

Lena blushed and looked away. She was not sure what to say. She wanted to say it back to him. She wanted to say he looked very handsome too. But she was too shy to say it. She just managed to whisper "Thank you."

Gianluca was contemplating on how to get Lena to be more relaxed around him. He was not sure how to put her mind at more ease. He could sense she was nervous and even abit reluctant to come on this official date. For a while the ride was spent in silence. Neither Lena or Gianluca spoke. They were just looking at the streets that the car were passing.  Then small conversation started. They commented on the buildings or the people the car went past.

Then Gianluca reached a point he wanted to initiate a longer conversation. He spoke slowly "Lena... How was school today?" He decided to just start a normal every day conversation.

To Gianluca's delight, it worked and his question made Lena turn and look in his direction "It was alright. Thank you... I had a great day today..."

Gianluca noticed she was looking at him and looking away but still some contact was there. He asked "Really? Tell me more..."

Lena said enthusiastically "I got an A+ in my History essay today. Also my science homework got an A+ grade too which is rare for that teacher to give away. I guess I have Luigi yo thank for tutoring me in science."

Gianluca offered "You know, I could tutor you too if you like. All you have to do is ask."

Lena said "Thank you... I have Luigi at home. I will ask him when I need help. I won't waste your time..."

Gianluca said "No. Do not say that Lena... It will be no problem at all if you ever want me to help you with any subjects. The subject options you have chosen match mine alot..."

Lena realised that it was true. Some extra subjects that this private school offered and she had taken was Gianluca's speciality from what she could hear and Luigi had not taken them. She knew realistically she could take the option at some point. She just had to put away her nervousness and ask for help when she needed it. She acknowledged that. Lena said "Thank you Gianluca for offering..."

Gianluca smiled at her. It was one of those smiles that melted her heart. Gianluca seemed like he was really smiling with nothing but happiness and not just for politeness or anything like that. That made Lena look away. She looked outside. She then saw a very tall building she had never come across before. She commented "Wow. That building looks great. Where is that place?"