8. Changes

Luigi was looking at his watch as he was waiting for Gianluca to bring his sister back. He was getting restless. Where were they? If they did not arrive any minute now, he was going to go there himself and get his sister. There was no sound but the sound of wind. He was pacing the floor in front of one of the Bellagio cars. Gianluca had insisted on some security to watch over him in the deserted car park of a Bellagio car park.

Soon a car came into view. The car stopped in front of him and Gianluca got off first and his sister followed. His sister looked ok visibly but she had her head down and was hugging her chest.

Luigi walked to her and hugged her. She whispered "Luigi. I am so sorry." He wrapped her arms around him as his towering form embraced her. He whispered back "Thank god you are alright." He then looked at Gianluca who was standing there watching them silently and said "Thank you for bringing her back safe. I owe you."

Gianluca said "Not really Luigi. They would not have hurt her."

Luigi said weakly "But I do owe you. If it was not for you they would have killed her. Thank you."

Gianluca said "Keep her safe. I must go back."

Luigi said "Wait...Can I talk to you?"

Gianluca nodded.

Luigi said "Lena. Could you please wait in the car? This will only take a minute."

She nodded weakly and went to sit in the car.

Luigi said" When are you coming back? Will you bring those people to your home to interrogate?"

Gianluca said "Christian won't mind what I do. I can choose to deal with them at his home or take them to my home. I think I prefer that I deal with them on Kavannagh territory."

Luigi said "You do not want me to deal with them. Right? That is why you want to deal with them on the Irish grounds that I can not access."

Gianluca sighed "We have been through this. I want the pleasure of taking revenge on them myself. Nick's head is mine. He insulted Lena. His buddies insulted Lena. Who do they think they are? Well, you did not tell me about Nick asking her out and her saying no. There is only one way I will forgive you and forget about that. You let me deal with these people personally."

Luigi said "I did not think Lena would sneak out to see this guy without telling me. She promised me she will tell me if she was going to sneak out. I will talk to her about this..."

Gianluca shook his head "You do not need to talk to her Luigi. She has been though enough already for one night. I think since she was nearly killed, it made her realise that there are dangers outside that she can't face with no preparation and security. She said she won't sneak out ever again. I believe her... I told you I can not accept your apology unless you forfeit your right to revenge. I will do this... alone. You should have told me about Nick. She told him no. Nick took a grudge and was going to make her feel rejection like how Lena made him feel. That is why he did this. He admitted it to Christian's men. His plan was to play with your sister after she said no to him, gain her trust and then when she least expects it, he was going to hurt her. He does not even deserve to be called a man and you let your sister get close this guy? Seriously?"

Luigi said "Gianluca. Lena was tired of me trying to protect her. She asked me to give her a break and let her be free for once and choose who she wants to hang out with. So I did that. But I made her promise to talk to me if she ever wanted to sneak out to meet with him... I did not think she would do this. I would have kept watch on him Gianluca."

Gianluca said "I know. You would have kept watch on him and I have no doubt you would have kept her safe. I do not condemn your actions in any way. Maybe if Gabriela had the same request from me, I would have granted her wish and would have trusted her to tell me about her secret meet ups. I may have acted exactly like you did. But... there is one difference in how I would have acted and how you did. Gabriela does not have a boyfriend yet... But if she did... I would have told her boyfriend about it. If a boy asks my sister out while she has man, then her man needs to know. You did not tell me about Nick." He then looked at his watch "I have to go."