24. Bianchi Mansion

It was Saturday morning. Luigi and Lena were sitting in a separate car to their parents making their way to the other side of New York to attend a party hosted by the Bianchis. They had been invited to so many events in recent months hosted by the Bianchis and the Alessandrinis had not attended any of them. Luigi's father had told them that it was time to attend a social event by the Bianchis. The Alessandrinis did not do business with the Bianchis but were treated like how the Bianchis treated their allies and closest friends. All because the Alessandrinis had returned Rose to them.

The car entered through the gate of the mansion. This was no ordinary property. It was acres of land that housed a number of mansions of different sizes. Many beautiful gardens and a beautiful lake too. It was massive.

Rose's grandfather Benigno Bianchi owned this property that housed numerous mansions and beautiful gardens all belonging to different members of her huge family consisting of the uncles and aunts of Rose. The largest mansion that was called the main mansion belonged to Rose's grandfather, Benigno Bianchi who was the head of the Bianchi family. The second largest mansion belonged to Rose's eldest uncle Benito Bianchi who was the first born heir and first in line to lead the Bianchi business empire after Benigno Bianchi was going to retire. Rose resided in the third largest mansion that belonged to her mother, Bianca Bianchi that was next to her eldest uncle's mansion separated by a garden.

The Bianchis were this one happy close family and worked well together. That was what made the Bianchi's successful. They all had roles in the family to play, they were loyal and moved the family business forward together.

Luigi never understood why Rose's father Ryan did not like his wife's family. Ryan had abducted Rose when she was eleven years old and she had been miraculously returned to the Bianchi family a year later.

Rose was now leading a good life. She could go to the private school that was right in the intersection that joined the three territories of the big three Italian American allies in the area; the Bianchis, the Alebertinis and the Trentinis. The three crime families' territories were right next to each other and they were close. So they had built a school right at the border between the three territories. The security around that school matched an army base's security. All Rose's cousins and children of all those who worked in the Bianchi organisation crime organisation went to that school. All the children of the Albertinis and the Trentinis and those who worked for them also attended that school. It was really safe there.

Luigi and Lena got off in front of the main mansion where the party was held, at the home of Benigno Bianchi. Soon Luigi and Lena were welcomed in one of the two banquet halls at the main mansion where the children where having a party while the adults were in a different banquet hall.

There were a few close crime families who were allies with the Bianchis who were invited for this party. When Luigi and Lena entered the party banquet hall where all the children were they walked around to find someone to talk to. Some kids were standing in small circle groups socialising eating and drinking as the servers walked around with trays of refreshments and some kids were sitting around small tables. They were going to dine in that room soon too.

Barbara Bianchi, one of Rose's cousins appeared and greeted them. She then turned to Lena and said "Lena. Come and hang out with us." She took her hand in hers and lead Lena away from Luigi towards a group of girls.

Luigi looked around. He spotted Bernardo Bianchi. The first born heir of the eldest son of Rose's grandfather. Bernardo was one month older than Rose. Sixteen. Just like Luigi. He was standing around a bunch of guys and chatting to them. Luigi decided to go to him and say hello so he walked towards Bernardo and his group.

Luigi got along pretty well with people there. It was common knowledge what his family had done for Rose. Everyone trusted the Alessandrinis and respected them because of what they had done. They did not care that the Alessandrinis were honorary guests and not really part of their alliance connections.