45. Shocking Turn

Eden opened her eyes. She felt a bad headache. She looked around and she felt a chill run down her spine. She could not recognise her surroundings. She was in a small room with no windows laying on a bed. She tried to move but she felt like her bad headache was not allowing her. She slowly sat up but then felt dizzy and laid down.

Eden on the inside was feeling the panic rising inside her. She tried to remember what had happened before she had ended up in this strange room. But she could not remember. She slowly sat up and slowly walked towards the door. As she reached the door, she turned the handle but she couldn't open it. It was locked. She tried to open it but to no avail. She felt dizzy again and fell on the floor. 

As she was laying on the floor as dizziness and headache were hindering her will to stand and knock on the door and scream to be let out. She was locked somewhere that was not her home.  She was trying to remember what had happened before but everything was foggy in her mind and the pain wasn't letting her think. She then lost consciousness and everything went dark. 

Eden could hear voices but her eyes were closed. She could feel she was laying on a soft mattress and a blanket was on her. 

A woman's soft voice said "Her pulse is good. She should wake up soon... ...

A young teenage boy's voice said "That drug that was given to her was strong but she should not have this many side effects..."

Eden felt cold suddenly and her eyes were still closed. Reality hit her hard. Someone had drugged her. She felt conscious enough to open here eyes. But she didn't. She was abducted most likely and they had drugged her. She still couldn't remember what had happened before she had ended up in the room and she wasn't trying to remember. Her strength was on hearing her surroundings. 

The woman's voice  said "I can inject her with more medication sir..."

The boy's voice said "No... You are dismissed doctor..."

The woman's voice came "But..."

The boy said "That's an order... Leave... You cant inject too much into her.... She needs to remain alive and healthy..."

Eden felt slightly relieved. She was panicking inside but it was good to hear they weren't going to kill her. She didn't want to die... What could happen to her family if she died surrounded by strangers... And also the thought of not seeing Luigi again hurt her heart. Somehow it did.

There were footsteps and sounds of doors closing. She assumed it was safe to open her eyes. She opened her eyes slowly and then sat on the bed. The room seemed empty but then a voice came from the other side of the room "You are awake? How are you you feeling Eden?"

She retreated as her back hit the head rest. A boy her age appeared standing in front of her bed. He looked familiar and somehow he didn't scare her. He just didn't. His expression on his face was one of concern and not of cruel intentions.

Eden breathed "Who... Who are you?"

The boy said "Oh... I am sorry... I forgot to introduce myself... I am your cousin Falco Fontana..."

Eden gasped "You are my aunt Eleanor's son?" So she was facing his cousin who also happened to be the grandson of a mob boss.

He nodded "Yes... I am so delighted to meet you... " He offered his hand to her to shake.

Eden shook his hand and then he pulled his hand away and sighed "We are the same age and related. Its unfortunate I never met you or Ethan earlier and cant hang out with you... I would have loved to do that... I wish we were meeting in better circumstances. This is very unfortunate that we are meeting like this..."