62. Love is Forever

Christian was resting the urge not to laugh at his cousin. His cousin, Archer Armstrong was standing looking at Christian with his mouth open not able to form words.  His cousin had arrived before the homecoming on his invite and Christian had quickly ambushed him with information when Archer had got off from his car in front of the mansion.  

Christian asked trying to keep a straight face even thought what he was discussing was dead serious "So... Do you have anything to say?"

Archer said as he looked around  "Your plan is crazy..."  They had been staying away from guards and the ear shot of others but Archer felt that what he was hearing didnt belong on the outside. Didnt Christian realise what he was saying could start a war?

Christian said "I know my plan is crazy.... But tell me one thing.... Are you in or out?...."

Archer sighed "Christian... You are my cousin... I care about you.... I dont want any part in it... But..." He sighed and looked around.

Christian said "But what? You want no part in this but will you take part? Or will you let me down?" He knew his cousin well even though he had just met him. His cousin was no coward. 

Archer sighed as he looked at his cousin "I am in... But unwillingly.... I cant believe you are asking me to do this... You know full well I have to do it because of what's at stake... What you are talking about is just mind blowing... I want to help you...  I cant let you do this alone..."

Christian said "I am glad...You are in.. I always knew you were reasonable... This is the only way..."

Archer shook his head "I think you have no idea what you are doing... You are trying to join Dean O'Brien and Rose Bianchi together... They are enemies..."

Christian said "Enemies can become lovers...."

Archer said in a serious tone "I think it could end in tragedy..."

Christian said "We wont let it end in tragedy... 

Archer said "We?... I dont even know what part I play...."

Christian said "Sacrifices have to happen for love to conquer all..."

Archer said "No.... Love can never conquer all... Not when we are talking about the Bianchis and O'Briends... What planet do you live on? So what do you want me to do exactly...."

Christian stated "You do what I tell you... Its as simple as that..."

Archer said "I am sorry.... Come again... Thats not an answer to my question... What am I expected to do?"

Christian said "You have a vital role....  You help me with pushing back resistance from the Irish side... And that plan has to start now.... Not during this weekend when it's too late and the homecoming is under way...."

Archer asked "How am I supposed to manage that?..."

Christian said "Once I tell you there is no backing away... I give you one more chance to walk off..."

Archer said "I am no quitter... I will help you... You are my blood... There is nothing I wont do to save your life...."

Christian asked "Save my life?"

Archer sighed "Yes.... Christian you do know you will have a prize on your head if it all goes wrong... You will be facilitating a mob war.... You will be the catalyst... You have played a big role and no one cares about what your intentions are.... It's not just about the home coming.... You helped Dean and involved Gianluca and Luigi in your mess of a plan too... You are playing with fire... The Irish and Italian crime families hate each other... You want to set them up in front of everyone on a peaceful night when no one can object... But the next morning, expect a war to knock on your door..."