40. Hidden Feelings

After dinner, Christian had made his way to Gianluca's house. There was plenty of time until his bed time. He could study with Gianluca abit and play some games perhaps. They took turns hanging out at each other's homes once in a while when they had no family or business commitments.

When he arrived at the Bellagio mansion, he was informed the Bellagio's family tailor had arrived and was sorting clothes measurements and showing catalogues to the men of the house which were Gianluca and his father Gerrardo. Apparently this was a last minute call arranged by Gianluca's father so he had to wait abit. He did not mind. He went for a walk in the gardens of the Bellagio mansion. It was a nice and clear night. He could wait.

As he was walking around, he heard laughter and voices. He made his way towards the noise and then came across the massive tree house that belonged to Gabriela. It was a nice small cabin. It was a huge tree house of its kind and it was not too high above the ground and had stairs connecting the ground to the cabin. It even had a terrace. Here she was, Gabriela sitting down with Lena in the balcony of the tree house. They seemed to have proper mattresses, pillows and duvets. They seemed to be having a mini sleep over.

Lena was the one who spotted him. She gasped. She did not seem to have expected visitors. "Hi..."

Gabriela turned in the direction Lena was looking and then raised an eyebrow "Christian? What are you doing here?"

Christian walked towards the tree house as he said "Hello to you too Gabriela. I came to see Gianluca. He was busy. I came to walk in the gardens. Aren't you going to offer me any tea or coffee? This is your tree house and I am your guest." He walked up the steps.

Gabriela said "If you want to be treated like a guest you have come the wrong way. The mansion is the opposite way."

Christian ignored her. He reached the balcony and took a seat on the run that was on the wooden floor away from where the girls were sitting. "I like it here. Outdoors is fun." He then turned his attention to Lena and said "It is nice to see you again Lena. The last time we met, it was not ideal... I am glad to see you happy..."

Lena did not know what to say. She did not know Christian. She was almost killed by his people. The only thing stopping them was her connection to Gianluca. She said "It is good to see you..."

Gabriela sighed "What do you want?"

Christian said "Some hospitality... That would be nice..."

Gabriela said "Gianluca could show you some hospitality. Sure. Go to the mansion Christian."

Christian said "I told you. Gianluca is busy right now. They told me it could take upto an hour..."  His attention went to Lena. "Can I have some tea?"

Lena was being polite. She said "Sure..." She poured some tea from the tea pot in front of her into a cup.

Christian was looking at Gabriela the whole time who was shaking her head at him.

Lena handed the filled tea cup on a saucer to Christian. He took it from her hand and placed it on the floor in front of him as he said "Can I have some sugar with it?"

Gabriela said "We do not have sugar with our tea. We only have cookies... I have baked the cookies." She turned and picked up a tray from behind her. She handed it to Christian "Take your pick. There is a choice of chocolate cookies, cherry cookies, raisin cookies and plain cookies."

Christian took the tray from her hand and said "Their aroma is nice... Are they fresh?" He put the cookie tray down.

Gabriela said "Yes."

Just then a guard came along and apologised for disturbing them. He announced that there was a phone call for Lena from her mother. So Lena excused herself and left with the guard to the mansion.