6. True Danger

It was Monday morning and Lena was sitting in a car with her brother going to school. Lena had the spent the night with Gabriela and had not seen Gianluca at all for the whole night. In the morning he had not seen him either when she had set off to her home. Mrs Bellagio had said that Gianluca was staying with his father due to business at a different location. Sometimes their business took over the whole day and night or the next few days.

Lena had thought about the date over night. She felt strange now. She was relieved she had avoided more contact with him after their date but at the same time she felt unease. She had been able to have a good conversation with him. She had seen how much he cared for her. His words were still on her mind. The experience of the date had made her re-think the strategy of making him hate her and reject her. Maybe it was worth getting to know him abit. He was nice to her.

Lena was confused. On one hand she had decided she wanted to give him a chance and on the other hand she asked herself why should she give him a chance? It was easier to hang out with boys in his school if his brother backed off. Maybe she could convince Luigi to let her hang out with boys and choose someone who she liked amongst families of non criminals. That was it. She wanted to date someone who was not in life of crime. The boys in her world were just too dominant. She preferred normal boys but Luigi scared them all off. No one wanted to upset Luigi. So they kept away. But Nick Edwards was the new guy who had not seen what Luigi could do yet.

Luigi asked her "What is on your mind? Are you okay?"

Lena turned to him "I am fine."

Luigi said "Did anything interesting happen at your sleep over?"

Lena shrugged "Not really? What did you do last night? Did you do anything interesting?"

Luigi said "It was interesting. But it could be better."

Lena raised an eyebrow "What happened? Were you hanging out with your friends?"

Luigi said "No. Actually did not go to see my friends. I went to see someone I have met recently... a girl...A very special girl."

Lena gasped "A special girl? What do you mean?... Who is she? How did you meet?"

Luigi said "On Saturday when I left home, I bumped into her brother... Well... I saved her brother from a group of kids who wanted to beat him up. He took me to his father's shop who is a chemist and I was introduced to his family. She was there."

Lena said "And last night you went to meet her again?"

Luigi said "Yes. I like her."

Lena said "Oh my god. Is she your girlfriend?"

Luigi said "I wish."

Lena said "What do you mean? You asked her out and she said no?"

Luigi said "Well. I did ask her out. She said no to begin with. I tried to convince her to go out with me... The answer was negative and she did not want to change her mind. Apparently she found my company very annoying at her shop and wanted me to leave. So I made her an offer. I said I would leave the shop for the night if she goes out with me..."

Lena said "And she said no? No one ever says no to you..."

Luigi said "She said yes to the deal... But when I told her to be ready for our date next weekend, she told me she will be the one to tell me when we are meeting. She said that she agreed to go out with me but did not specify when. So I left her alone for the night. But I am going back there and talk to her again the first chance I get. I won't stop until she goes out with me."

Lena said "Can I meet her? I really want to see who this girl is..."

Luigi said "Well. You seem so excited to meet her... She is not even my girlfriend yet..."