22. Rose's Secrets

It was after dinner at the Belaggio mansion. Gianluca and Luigi were sitting in Gianluca's room on two sofas opposite each other with a coffee table between them. They were drinking and talking. Gianluca and Luigi were talking about their football team mostly.

Luigi picked up his opened bottle of soda in front of him. He drank from it and said "So you are still hesitant about having football training in weekends."

Gianluca picked up his own opened soda bottle and sat back in his seat. He took a sip. "Yes. I am. But Luigi. Let's move on and discuss some other matter that I see as more pressing. I know after school you told me that we need to meet up at my house tonight to talk about strategies and new recruitment for our football team and new training regime but there is something else also to talk about."

Luigi said "Go on."

Gianluca said "After school near the time I was going to return home, Christian asked me to go see him in his school to talk. I went over. He discussed something very unexpected with me and on top of that .... he asked me to tell you about what we discussed... Do you want to hear it?"

Luigi said "I am listening. Go on."

Gianluca said "It is not something you would expect to hear Luigi. But if you don't want to hear it, I do not blame you. You should know that he has asked me to ask you to listen to what I tell you and tell me if you are willing to help."

Luigi sighed "I see where this is going. So he needs me to hear what you two discussed and take some kind of action after hearing it. Right? ... Christian and I have our differences. Well that's an understatement. His family has a vendetta against my family and would murder any Alessandrini if they get the chance. If it wasn't for you his people would have murdered my sister. But I am willing to hear what he discussed with you today and find out what he wants from me exactly."

Gianluca said "It's a pretty long story...." He then explained the entire account of what Christian had told him. Luigi listened and nodded silently.

Gianluca announced at the end "So what do you think of all this?"

Luigi said "Gianluca... Do you actually believe this account?"

Gianluca said "I trust Christian. He would not lie to me."

Luigi stated "I am not talking about Christian. Do you believe Dean? Do you trust Dean?"

Gianluca admitted "I have no reason to."

Luigi said "I was just checking. I have no reason to trust either Christian or Dean. You trust Christian... Fine... But we both agree we can't trust Dean..."

Gianluca said "So what do I tell Christian?"

Luigi said "Tell him I have nothing to say to him or Dean..."

Gianluca asked " So you don't want to even try to check to see if this father and daughter are ok in your territory? Aren't you even abit curious? I mean I don't trust Dean at all. Maybe he wants to harm these two individuals and he is planning this way to get to them... But doesn't it mean you should at least look for them to check if they are safe near by and arrange for extra protection for them maybe?"

Luigi said "Gianluca. You asked me "What do I tell Christian?" I told you to inform your best friend that I have nothing to tell him or Dean. I answered your initial question. But you just asked me so many questions right now? Before I answer them... tell me... Are you asking me these questions with the intention of informing Christian of the answers? Or you are just asking me these questions out of curiosity for your own peace of mind? I told you what my answer is to Christian. I do not have anything else to say to him in response."