44. Reliance

Gabriela was getting ready to go to school in her room. She was fixing her clothes as she was looking at the mirror. A knock came on the door. She shouted "Come in."

A maid entered and said "Ma'am. Mr Chritsian Kavannagh are here to see you in the living room."

Gabriela raised an eyebrow "He is here to see me? Not Gianluca?"

The maid shook her head "No Maa'm."

Gabriela grabbed her school bag and said "Ok. I go see him now." She then made her way outside and down the steps. She reached the living room. Christian was staring at one of the portraits on the wall. Her portrait. She cleared her throat "Hi."

Christian turned quickly and smiled "Hi."

Gabriela walked towards him "The maid said you wanted to see me."

Christian nodded "Yes. I did want to see you..."

Gabriela asked "Couldn't you see me in school?"

Christian said "We are a proper couple now. Right? So I thought we can go to school together. You can ride with me. I spoke to Gianluca. He said it was ok."

Gabriela was surprised "You would do that for me? Wow. That's nice... But you don't have to do that. Lena does not ride with Gianluca."

Christian shrugged "Its Lena's choice to go with her brother... Lena could ride with Gianluca if she wanted to..."

Gabriela sighed "Don't get me wrong... This is a nice idea to make a good show and pretend we are properly together. I find it very effective to get the message across to Marcello Rizzi. But... I am not sure if my parents would let me come ride with you..."

Christian said "That's all arranged... Gianluca has talked to your parents already..."

Gabriela gasped "What? Oh my god... And... They are ok with this?"

Christian said "Well yes... Gianluca first spoke to your parents and explained the situation. He told them that we are pretending and this is to protect you... They did not believe Gianluca... They actually think we want to date each other and since I am a Kavannagh I am using this arrangement as a cover up so we can date... They think we are pretending to be doing this for your protection while we are attracted to each other and want to date but we think permission won't be granted for it. They told Gianluca that they trust me 100% and we can date. They apparently trust Marcello Rizzi too but they trust me more..."

Gabriela said "How is this possible? How can they agree to this? I mean you are Irish. How can they be ok with me dating you for real in their minds? They would have agreed for us to pretend to date I bet because they know I am not ready to date Marcello... But dating you for real? How can they agree to this? You are a kavannagh..."

Christian said "You are right... Well... I am a Kavannagh... I have credit with them apparently or so they said..."

Gabriela was looking at him with her mouth open "Well... If you have so much credit with my parents I think in future I would ask you for help when trying to convince my parents of requests that they refuse to say yes to.."

Christian said "I don't know... I guess that my people not killing Lena that time has really made an impression. I guess they care for the Alessandrinis so much and count them as almost family... So my friendship with your brother saving Lena's life has proven to them I am honourable and trustworthy enough to date their daughter."

Gabriela said as she was weighing the information "You know what? It makes no sense that my parents just accept the possibility of being together. But I am not complaining. This is great my parents think we are dating for real... I just want Marcello to stop his obsession with me... You are my one and only hope to make that happen... You are my knight in shining armour..."