30. Being Closer

Eden entered her first class of the day and walked to her seat. The bell had not gone yet and no one was in the class. She liked being early. She took out her equipment and placed it on the table. She opened her notebook and placed her pen next to it. She then crossed her arms over her chest and started looking around her at the wall posters. As she was looking around she thought of Luigi.

Eden had not seen Luigi that morning. The boys's football team had some kind of indoors training that day so she had not seen him when she had her cheer practice that morning before school. She was not sure what to think of Luigi. He had so many positive points about him but there were some parts of his personality and his actions that Eden wished he change. She did not like his cocky and bossy attitude much but it came with him being a jock. As much as she wanted to ignore him and give him the silent treatment after their confrontation yesterday, she decided against it. Something inside her told her to trust Luigi. She trusted him like she trusted no other boy. He was just so genuine and sincere. He had traits that annoyed her but no one was perfect in this world. Eden knew she was not perfect too. So she was going to let Luigi's bossy side slide and carry on as normal with being his classmate and project partner in lessons. She was annoyed that she had given him the opportunity to win a bet. Now she had to honour the bet whenever he asked her to. He had taken his time pretending to think about what she should do for losing the bet but he had finally with a smirk had told her, he will inform her soon about this.

Luigi was eating from a pack of chips as he came inside the class with his back pack on his shoulder. He said "Hello Eden."

Eden had been looking at one of the posters on the wall and had not noticed his entrance though the door. Eden turned to look at him "Hi..."

Luigi walked to where she was sitting "You are early to this class."

Eden said "So are you..."

Luigi sat down next to her and placed his bag of chips on the table as he took off his back pack and put it on the floor. He shrugged "I went to the cafeteria and asked around about where you were... Your brother said you came to your class. Do you want some chips." He offered his chips packet to Eden

Eden sighed "No. I do not want any chips. It is too early to eat chips. I guess you jocks burn so many calories I guess you have to have fuel in your tank all the time... Anyways why were you looking for me?..."

Luigi said "I was just wondering why you were not around... I kind of wanted to hang out with you at breakfast you know... To maybe talk about our projects..."

Eden said "Normally I would have been in the cafeteria but I kind of had enough of the scenes in front of me..."

Luigi frowned "What do you mean?" He then put the last chip in his mouth, he walked away and put the empty packet of chips in the bin "What kind of Scenes?"

Eden said "It is nothing really. You know when two people need to get a room, it is hard to watch..."

Luigi said as she sat down next to Eden "Who needed to get a room?"

Eden said "My brother and the school newspaper student editor, Linda Lawrence... Linda and Ethan were flirting so openly it was crazy. Linda has recruited him as the school newspaper's photographer because he knows so much about photography. They have known each other for like a day and they can't stop talking and flirting. She is in almost in all his lessons and they just have clicked. I have no words. Ethan is almost a different person when he is with her. It is quite strange..."

Luigi said "Is it that bad? I can have a word with them if their open relationship bothers you? I can tell them to cool it off."

Eden shook her head "No. It may look normal to others what they do. But not to me... Ethan has never been like this with any girl. He has always been helpless with girls. I am not used to Ethan being like this. He is different when he is with this girl. It takes time for me to get used to it. That is all. I could have talked to them myself but I decided against it. I do not want you to talk to them either. You know, my brother is very open with me. If you tell him off he may start hiding things from me. I am serious Luigi do not do anything. Ok? I will get used to it."