𝟬𝟬𝟭. the highway

CHAPTER ONE !the highwayseason two / episode one

CHAPTER ONE !
the highway
season two / episode one

Jonathan sat in the front seat of the RV, reading a spider-man comic that Carl Grimes had been kind enough to let him borrow

Jonathan sat in the front seat of the RV, reading a spider-man comic that Carl Grimes had been kind enough to let him borrow. "Looks complicated," Andrea said from the booth seat as Jonathan's uncle Shane cleaned his gun.

"The trick is getting all these pieces back together the same way," Shane replied causing Jonathan to look in the rearview mirror at the two. "I could clean yours, show you how." Shane offered Andrea causing Jonathan to go back to reading the comic that was in his lap. Shane and Andrea continued talking as Jonathan leaned his head on the bottom of the open window.

"Oh, jeez," Dale said as the RV pulled to a stop. "Aw, no."

Jonathan looked up, a semi-truck overturned halfway on the road and halfway in the grass between lanes, cars, and debris littered everywhere. Shane stood up with Glenn, the two men looking through the windshield to see what Jonathan and Dale were looking at.

"See a way through?" Dale asked Daryl who stopped at the driver's side window on his motorcycle. Daryl motioned towards the road and Dale nodded.

"Uh, maybe we should just go back," Glenn said looking at the map. "There's an interstate bypass-"

"We can't spare the fuel." Dale cut Glenn off as he tried to slowly maneuver the RV around the cars. Jonathan looked out of the window, looking at all of the cars, some of the dead people turning their heads and looking at the RV. Something in the engine popped before the engine began sputtering causing Jonathan to look forward, looking at the smoke coming from the engine.

Dale parked the RV before stepping out of the mobile home, followed by Jonathan, Shane, Glenn, Andrea, and T-dog. "I said it. Didn't I say it?" Dale asked. "A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asked as Rick, Lori, Carol, Sophia, and Carl walked over.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of--" Dale cut himself off, watching as Daryl looked through the back of a car. "Okay, that was dumb."