𝟬𝟮𝟯. you killed nick

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE !you killed nickseason four / episode two

you killed nick
season four / episode two

Johnathan was on the fence, killing walkers through the fence as always

Johnathan was on the fence, killing walkers through the fence as always. He turned his head toward the prison when he heard a gunshot, dropped the crowbar, and ran through the gate, running towards the prison. Rick was right behind him.

"Walkers in D!" Glenn called out.

"What about C?" Rick asked.

"It's clear. We locked the gates to the tombs. Hershel's on guard." Sasha answered, running out of cellblock C with Daryl and Tyreese behind her.

"It ain't a breach," Daryl added.

"We followed the plan," Sasha told Rick.

Johnathan ran in, pulling out his pistol and shooting a walker in the head. He watched as a walker made its way towards Luke, running over and picking the boy up, shooting the walker in the head.

"Johnathan!" Karen exclaimed, Johnathan handing Luke over to her before he picked up a little girl, passing her over to Karen as well.

After a minute the gunfire and screaming stopped, and Johnathan looked around at all of the dead people. "Shit." He muttered, covering his mouth with his hand as he coughed.

"Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick?" Carol spoke, looking around at the members of the council. Johnathan had his head in his hand. His breathing was unsteady. "We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed."

"That's everyone in that cell block," Daryl told her. "That's all of us. Maybe more."

"We know that this sickness can be lethal. We don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel asked. Johnathan looked at the table but stayed silent. He wasn't about to be locked in a cage because of a cough that may or may not even be the flu.

"We can't just wait and see. There's children." Carol told them. "It isn't just the illness. If people die, they become a threat."

"We need a place for them to go," Hershel spoke. "They can't stay in D. We can't risk going in there to clean it up."

"We can use cell block A," Carol suggested.

"Death row?" Glenn questioned. "I'm not sure that's much of an upgrade."

"Ok, how about this. Anyone who shows symptoms goes to A, and the ones in contact without symptoms stay away from everyone and wear masks." Johnathan spoke, looking at each of them for a better idea.

"It's clean. That's an upgrade." Daryl responded to Glenn. "Think that'll work for Dr. S?"

"Johnathan and I will help Caleb get it set up," Hershel told him.

The six got out of their chairs as they heard coughing, going out into the hallway to see Tyreese with Karen who was coughing. "You don't sound so good," Carol told her.

"We're just taking her back to my cell so she can rest," Tyreese told them.

"Tyreese, I don't think that's a good idea," Hershel told him.

"Why? What's going on now?" Karen questioned.

"We think it's a flu or something," Johnathan told her. "That's how that one kid died."

"Judith was in that cell block. She's vulnerable. Anyone that may be sick or even exposed should stay away." Hershel told her, taking a few steps forward.

"It killed Patrick?" Karen questioned.

"She's gonna be okay," Tyreese told them. "Now that we know what Patrick died from we can treat it, right?"

"Don't panic. We're going to figure this out." Hershel informed them. "But we should keep you separated in the meantime. We'll have Caleb take a look at you. I'll see what we have in the way of medications."

"David from the Decatur group, he's been coughing, too," Karen told them.

"I'll get him," Glenn said, turning to Sasha before he walked away. "There's some empty clean cells in the tombs, right?"

Sasha nodded. "Yeah, we'll meet you there."

"Okay," Glenn spoke, walking away.

"I'm gonna get back on the fence, they're piling up," Johnathan told them, walking out of the prison and back to the fence.

"What are you doing?!" A little girl's voice exclaimed as Johnathan shoved the crowbar into the skull of a walker.

"Killing them so they don't tear down the fence," Johnathan answered, shoving the crowbar into another one's skull.

"You killed Nick." The girl told him.

"Yeah? So? He's already dead. And don't name them, they aren't alive anymore, and they aren't pets." Johnathan told the girl who just glared before turning and running away.

Johnathan shook his head before continuing to stab them through the fence. The fence started to rattle, Johnathan looking over at Maggie. "Get Daryl and Rick!" He yelled, trying to stab the walkers faster. Maggie ran, coming back a moment later with Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Sasha, and Tyreese, all of them working to stab the walkers through the fence.

Maggie fell back and onto the gravel, Glenn moving to help her. But Maggie pulled herself up. "Don't." She told him. "We're supposed to stay away from each other."

"Are you seeing this?" Sasha asked them, looking down at the gravel. "Is someone feeding these things?" They all looked over, Johnathan being the only one still stabbing them through the fence. The fence began to bend towards him, everyone pushing back. Johnathan stabbed the walkers as everyone else pushed on the fence.

"Daryl. Get the truck. I know what to do." Rick spoke, walking off with Daryl following behind him.

Glenn, Sasha, and Johnathan all stood there, killing them through the fence as Tyreese and Maggie opened the gate for Daryl and Rick. Johnathan winced at the sound of the pigs squealing, helping Glenn and Sasha wedge pieces of wood between the fence and the gravel.

After a moment Johnathan walked to a different part of the fence where walkers were piling up. He started coughing, blood falling onto the back of his hand. "Shit," Johnathan muttered, wiping the blood on his jeans before going back to killing the walkers. He seemed to be the only one to give a damn about the fences. And without the fences the prison was nothing. And he wasn't going to risk the fences collapsing. He couldn't.

AUTHORS NOTE !

i wrote the governor episode and i am not ok at all

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment